Amazon has changed the new logo of its smartphone app after users said the initial version reminded them of a smirking Adolf Hitler. The sales giant recently ditched its old logo, featuring the familiar symbol of a shopping cart, in favour of a brown Amazon box with a piece of tape with a jagged edge at the top. But combined with the smile-shaped arrow which also forms part of Amazon’s branding, the tape looked like it could be part of a face – with what some shoppers thought was an uncomfortable resemblance to the dictator’s distinctive moustache. The logo has since been changed again, with the tape now folded over in one corner and straight around the edges rather than jagged. Unlikely comparison: Amazon’s first attempt at a new logo for its smartphone app (left) led some surprised shoppers to compare the image to Adolf Hitler (right) One user noticed the dubious logo on Sunday, saying: ‘Well it happened.. my Amazon app icon finally updated to the cardboard Hitler’. Another shopper responded: ‘I had to go download the app on my phone, to see what you were talking about and now I can’t unsee it.’ ‘I’m not gonna lie, I’m… Read full this story
- Amazon Unveils New Alexa Devices Including Upgraded Echos, Smart Microwave
- Instagram’s new Explore tab is a wonderful reminder that these sections are basically dumpster fires
- Plug-and-pray no more: Amazon’s new smart plug for Alexa is a gift from the smart-home gods
- I Tried to Block Amazon From My Life. It Was Impossible.
- I Tried to Block Amazon From My Life. It Was Impossible
- Casino opens cashierless store in Paris to counter Amazon Go threat
- Amazon might let you pay at Whole Foods using only your hand
- The best Android apps for Chromebooks you can install right now
- Walmart: Hey Amazon, we can do cashier-free stores too
- 9 paid iPhone apps you can download for free on July 23rd
Amazon changes its new smartphone app logo after shoppers say it reminds them of a smirking Adolf Hitler have 321 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.