An “incel” who admitted using a van to kill 10 pedestrians in Toronto has been found guilty of their murder. Alek Minassian faced 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder in connection with the attack on 23 April 2018 that drew attention to an online world of sexual loneliness, rage and misogyny. He had pleaded not guilty and his lawyer argued he did not know what he was doing was wrong because he has autism spectrum disorder. Justice Anne Molloy said his lawyers failed to prove he was not criminally responsible for all the charges against him. She said there is no doubt his actions were planned and deliberate and that he was fully aware of what he was doing. Advertisement “His attack on these 26 victims that day was an act of a reasoning mind,” Molloy said. She noted the man sought and enjoyed notoriety from his actions and instead of naming him in her decision, she referred to him as “John Doe”. More from Toronto Ontario: Emergency nuclear alert sent to millions in error, officials admit Meghan and Harry face support and excitement in Canada following royal announcement Alek Minassian: Toronto van attack suspect… Read full this story
- Jaymes Todd sentenced for rape and murder of Eurydice Dixon
- Hanoi man sentenced to death for murdering brother’s family over land dispute
- 'They came to kill': Lone survivor of deadly Jersey City shooting at kosher supermarket says attackers were 'professional' as he describes how he hid under a salad bar before fleeing to safety
- 'You acted out of pleasure, malice and attention seeking': Judge's furious attack at fantasist Carl Beech as he jails him for 18 years for bogus claims of VIP sex ring case that sparked £2m police 'witch-hunt' and wrecked lives
- Final goodbye: Recalling influential people who died in 2019
- Terrifying moment a young Jewish boy narrowly avoids running into the path of the Jersey City shooters during anti-Semitic massacre that left four people dead before gunmen were also killed
- The chilling real-life murder that inspired Responsible Child – where two young brothers stabbed their step-dad 65 times
- Stockholm lorry attacker Rakhmat Akilov jailed for life
- Former skateboard superstar convicted in rape and murder case found suitable for parole
- Canada’s Justin Trudeau Issues Formal Apology, Awards Al-Qaeda Terrorist Convicted Of Slaughtering U.S. Serviceman $10.5 Million.
Alek Minassian: 'Incel' found guilty of murdering 10 people in Toronto van attack have 375 words, post on news.sky.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.