ALDI shoppers are furious after a "technical issue" meant the supermarket’s sell-out egg chair went up for sale early – and sold out in minutes. The German discount supermarket announced last week that the hanging egg chair would go on sale this Sunday (February 28) at 8am under its Special Buy garden range section. But a "technical issue" meant it had accidentally been launched before 8am, and many customers missed out on their chance of bagging one. Angry shoppers took to Twitter to slam Aldi for putting the chair up for sale earlier than what was advertised. "Really disappointed with Aldi today," one shopper said. "New special [buys] online should launch at 8am, went online at 7:50 to buy [the] egg chair and they were all sold out." Another shopper raged: "@AldiUK aaaaaargh. "Come on Aldi, 8am your ads say the egg chair will be available. "Here we are at 7am and they are all gone. When did you list them and is this how you usually operate?" Shoppers claimed they were waiting for hours in a virtual queue of thousands of customers scrambling to grab the chair. "Sold out by 6am when site should go live at 8am," one… Read full this story
- Hang out at downtown's new music shop. The guitar amps are vintage and there's beer.
- Sony's Last of Us sequel kisses and kills
- 14 dearly departed San Antonio music clubs
- Full video and transcript: Snap CEO Evan Spiegel at Code 2018
- Can You Believe? An Oral History Of 'Queer Eye'
- Simona Halep recovers from sluggish start to power past Angelique Kerber and reach French Open semi-finals
- The Grid: Exploring the Printers Row neighborhood
- Dining Guide 2018: The Food Triangles of Louisville
- The state of virtual and augmented reality: Industry sees new reasons for hope amid the hype
- The Grid: Exploring the Pilsen neighborhood
Aldi customers furious as hanging egg chair goes on sale early and is sold out within minutes have 310 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.