Adele’s weight loss transformation: Pilates, HIIT workouts and more fitness and exercise secrets the Hello hitmaker used to shed seven stone.
Adele ‘s transformative weight loss gained plenty of attention from her followers last year, especially after the Grammy-award winning star shared several photos of slimmed-down figure on social media.
One of these was in May 2020, when the Hello hitmaker, who is estimated to have lost around seven stone, marked her 32nd birthday with a picture of herself wearing a black mini-dress.
And who can forget her appearance on Saturday Night Live in October? “I know I look really, really different since you last saw me,” Adele joked, referring to her live public appearance in 2016 when she headlined Glastonbury.
“But actually, because of all the Covid restrictions…I had to travel light and I could only bring half of me, and this is the half I chose.”
WATCH: Celebrity weight loss success stories
While we think Adele has always looked fabulous, there are a few simple body confidence secrets she swears by these days. So how did she achieve her transformation? As well as following a healthy diet, the award-winning singer has also shared several insights into her fitness secrets. Take a look…
Do it for yourself
Her former personal trainer Pete Geracimo gave an insight into Adele’s motivation to get fit. In an Instagram post, he wrote: “My hope is that people appreciate the hard work that Adele has done to improve herself for the benefit to her and her family only. She did not lose the weight to make others feel bad about themselves. She is doing it for herself and for Angelo.”
Adele looked amazing in this recent Instagram photo
He added: “When Adele and I started our journey together, it was never about getting super skinny. It was about getting her healthy. Especially post-pregnancy and post-surgery. When 25 dropped and the tour announced, we had to get ready for a 13-month gruelling schedule. In that time, she warmed to training and made better food choices.”
Adele’s fitness regime is also said to include reformer pilates, which is an exercise loved by Meghan Markle . Using a special machine, reformer pilates helps work your core, improve flexibility and gain strength.
Do what you enjoy
Experts have estimated that Adele has now lost around seven stone in total
Everyone has a preference when it comes to exercise, and for Adele, that’s weight training.
The mother-of-one previously told Rolling Stone magazine, "I mainly moan. I'm not, like, skipping to the [expletive] gym. I don't enjoy it. I do like doing weights. I don't like looking in the mirror."
Adele is said to have been training with US trainer Dalton Wong – who has worked with stars like Jennifer Lawrence and Vogue Williams – to help with her weight loss using high-intensity workouts at home.
She shared a photo of herself with her hair styled in a 60s ponytail in a nod to Sharon Stone's iconic Ginger Rothstein character from Casino. Joking about her new exercise regime, she captioned the image: "I used to cry but now I sweat.”
Have a good relationship with your body
Untamed: Stop Pleasing, Start Living, £10.99, Amazon
Adele previously revealed a self-help book helped her to have a better relationship with her body. Taking to Instagram, she shared a picture of the cover of Glennon Doyle’s book Untamed: Stop Pleasing, Start Living .
The star said that it stopped her from being “stressed and dishevelled” and helped her to feel like she was in her body for the first time.
The mum-of-one added: “If you're ready – this book will shake your brain and make your soul scream. I am so ready for myself after reading this book! It's as if I just flew into my body for the very first time. Whew!”
Limit sugar intake
We all know the British love a good cup of tea, but Adele admitted that prior to her transformation, her love for a hot brew was contributing to an excess sugar intake. She previously said: “I used to drink 10 cups a day with two sugars in each, so I was on 20 sugars a day.”
Too much sugar in your diet can contribute to weight gain, lack of energy and fatigue – so it’s likely Adele is feeling far healthier and focused now she’s curbed her sweet tea habit.
Ignore the critics
Back in 2017, the Someone Like You singer hit back at online trolls who compared her Grammy’s look to Princess Fiona from Shrek .
Adele told her audience in Perth, Australia: “I wore this dress, right, everyone said I looked like Fiona. I don’t [expletive] care. It was Givenchy couture! They can say what they want.”
According to Metro, she also remarked: “I worked out. Obviously I’m a large lady and I like eating food very much, but I was working out twice a day to fit into that Givenchy dress because it was quite tight.”
HELLO!’s selection is editorial and independently chosen – we only feature items our editors love and approve of. HELLO! may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. To find out more visit our FAQ page .
- Weight loss: A man shed an incredible eight stone in one year with this diet plan
- James Martin weight loss: Celebrity chef cut this from diet plan to shed a whopping 6st
- Lorraine Kelly weight loss: ITV presenter made this diet change to drop two dress sizes
- Wedding weight loss: How brides go to extremes
- North-east mum off to a running start with six stone weight loss
- CC Sabathia drops 25 pounds, says not eating Cap'n Crunch is key to Yankee ace's weight loss
- Kevin Smith reveals 65 lb. weight loss after Southwest Airlines incident - but will 'never be thin'
- NYPD weight loss contest promotes health and fitness among officers
- 'Things Fall Apart' star 50 Cent releases photos of shocking 50-pound weight loss for new film
- Newsstand Junkie: Real skinny on Jessica's weight loss
- 'SMASH' SUCCESS. Dr. Ian Smith's 90-day diet plan is helping New Yorkers shed pounds and change their lives
- Grandmother gave birth to own grandchild and reveals she would again
- 'Naked Fitness' author boasts shedding pounds is as easy as 'stripping' away excuses for exercise
- Peaky Blinders: ‘In the Bleak Midwinter’ secret meaning revealed - why do they say it?
- Beyonce reveals vegan diet secrets again after teasing fans with 'big announcement' on 'GMA'
- Stones River, horse of Eight Belles' trainer Larry Jones, fails drug test
- Michaele Salahi, White House party crasher, reveals multiple sclerosis in book, 'Cirque Du Salahi'
- Hollywood's dirty diet secrets
- Uncovering secrets of mystery civilization in Saudi Arabia
- Michael Grant not interested in being stepping-stone bout for Tomasz Adamek, wants to play spoiler
Adele's 7 weight loss secrets revealed: how she shed 7 stone have 1218 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at March 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.