Traumatic relationships in Amanda's past have had a devastating impact on how she felt about herself. The funeral arranger has suffered a lifetime of abuse that's impacted both her mental and physical health. "Because you're told you're worthless it was normal for someone to abuse me," Amanda heartbreakingly confesses. "It took me a long time to get out of that mindset, that I don't deserve this. And find the strength to walk away from that." Despite vowing to never date again, Amanda found loving fiancé John who she describes as he 'toyboy'. However, she lost her confidence again due to a sudden and dramatic illness which brought back all her insecurities and had a huge impact on her appearance. Explaining she lost almost three stone in two months, Amanda admits: "I feel very low because of the way I look. All I see now is lines, sunken face, bad teeth." Presenter Cherry Healey and the 10 Years Younger in 10 Days team are on hand to pull Amanda out of a dark place into the light where she will find happiness. Amanda bravely puts herself out there and faces a public street poll to get an honest appraisal of how… Read full this story
- Priest sex abuse victims in U.S. look to new pope for help
- Mum's life-long anorexia battle finally cured after family hire “horse whisperer”
- Help women riot victims overcome the trauma | Opinion
- What our teeth reveal about us
- 'My search for the boy in a child abuse video'
- Laura Winter: 'Domestic abuse does not discriminate'
- Harvey Weinstein once claimed HE was the victim of child sex abuse in texts to a gossip columnist
- Amber Heard claims she lost jobs after making abuse allegations against Johnny Depp
- 'The boy who saved me from myself': Elton John on the young friend whose death from AIDS turned around his own life
- The diary of my rape case: Convictions are at a record low and here one brave woman reveals a reason why seeking justice can feel like another form of abuse
Abuse victim 'ashamed' of teeth that bring back trauma has life-changing transformation have 350 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.