close Video Dr. Siegel says US ‘needs’ vaccine compliance going into spring Dr. Marc Siegel discusses importance of vaccinations as New York reports first case of Brazil COVID variant. Despite the clamor to speed up the U.S. vaccination drive against COVID-19 and get the country back to normal, the first three months of the rollout suggest faster is not necessarily better. A surprising new analysis found that states such as South Carolina and Florida that raced ahead of others to offer the vaccine to ever-larger groups of people have vaccinated smaller shares of their population than those that moved more slowly and methodically, such as Hawaii and Connecticut. The explanation, as experts see it, is that the rapid expansion of eligibility caused a surge in demand too big for some states to handle and led to serious disarray. Vaccine supplies proved insufficient or unpredictable, websites crashed and phone lines became jammed, spreading confusion, frustration and resignation among many people. ASTRAZENECA COVID-19 VACCINE 79% EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTING SYMPTOMATIC ILLNESS, COMPANY SAYS “The infrastructure just wasn't ready. It kind of backfired,” said Dr. Rebecca Wurtz, an infectious disease physician and health data specialist at the University of Minnesota's School of Public Health. She… Read full this story
- Experimental HIV Vaccine Shows Success In Rabbit Tests, Neutralizes Wide Variety of Strains
- Vaccines Are Hard to Transport to the Regions That Need Them Most. Solar-Powered Fridges Fix That.
- Millennials are more sceptical of vaccines because they haven't been 'exposed to the reality of a number of diseases'
- Samoa makes measles vaccinations compulsory after outbreak kills 32
- What ails the state-run bus operators in India?
- Islamic State: What will the hard-line jihadist group look like in 2018?
- Omar risked his life to expose Islamic State atrocities in Mosul. He still doesn't feel safe
- Top 10 national and state parks in Oregon
- College Football TV Schedule 2019: Where to Watch Ohio State vs. Michigan, TV Channel, Live Stream and Odds
- Buhari okays recommendation for establishment of State, LG Police
A rapid COVID-19 vaccine rollout backfired in some US states have 328 words, post on www.foxnews.com at March 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.