Valentine’s Day may look a little different this year thanks to coronavirus restrictions. But that doesn’t mean you can’t show someone how much they mean to you. Aside from chocolate, flowers are one of the most popular gifts to give on February 14. But when picking out a bouquet to give to a loved one, you should always consider any pets they have and be aware of what types of flowers to keep away from them as they have the potential to be very dangerous for cats and dogs. Experts at GoCompare have compiled a list of the most harmful flowers, as well as tips on how to keep your pets safe and avoid sickness this Valentine’s Day . Here’s a look at the top 10 flowers you should be careful of… Roses with thorns Roses are the most common Valentine’s Day flower choice. Despite not being toxic, roses are a hazard for pets, as ingesting thorns can cause abrasions and punctures internally which can lead to serious problems. Lily Lilies can be extremely poisonous for pets, especially cats, and are the most dangerous flower to have at home. Even if swallowed in very small amounts from just licking the… Read full this story
- Best Valentine’s Day flowers – Where to buy cheapest roses and bouquets for 2020
- The best Valentines gifts for yourself 2020: from jewellery to the latest gadgets
- Folks, don’t forget it’s Valentine’s Day in Vietnam!
- Home Bargains is selling a shimmery raspberry and rose gin for Valentine’s Day
- Salma Hayek dominates in chic black pantsuit with Tiffany Haddish and Rose Byrne at star-studded Like a Boss premiere in NYC
- 'I want to be with Carrie': Last words of Hollywood legend Debbie Reynolds, 84, who died of a suspected stroke, just one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher died of a heart attack
- Organ donor, Julie Shepherd, to be honored on Rose Parade Float
- Laura Whitmore sings and dances in delight after finishing her first day of filming as Love Island's new host after taking over the role from embattled pal Caroline Flack
- The secret life of a tax adviser: it’s not about devising fancy avoidance schemes
- 'Steel rose' conquers Vietnam's toughest marathons
Valentine's Day flowers to avoid giving your partner if they have pets - including roses have 364 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.