VACCINE passport apps which will allow vaccinated Brits to travel are to be ready “within weeks”. The apps, which show the holder has received both of their jabs, will allow holidays to go forward restriction-free. According to the Telegraph, vaccine passports could be ready ahead of the start date of holidays abroad, which will be announced on April 12. The earliest holidays abroad could go ahead is May 17 , with a more likely restart date of June 21. The pass is being developed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), and will be verified at the borders when travelling. Vinoop Goel, IATA's regional director of airports, said: “We are currently working with a number of airlines worldwide and learning from these pilots. And the plan is to go live in March. “So basically we expect to have a fully functional working system over the next few weeks.” Boris Johnson has said there “may well be a role” for vaccine passports for both domestic and overseas reasons, but is yet to confirm how they will be introduced for British travellers. Matt Hancock also added that if the vaccine continues to work well against the new variants – which includes the Kent… Read full this story
- Corona Vaccine: Over 60 foreign envoys to visit Bharat Biotech in Hyderabad
- Can I go on holiday if I have the vaccine?
- V-Day heroes who are first in the world to have the Covid jab urge vaccine sceptics to have the inoculation for the good of the country – with UK set to receive more than one million doses in a week
- Matt Hancock reveals he's ALREADY booked his 2021 summer holiday to Cornwall and UK's vaccine tsar urges public to do the same as first Britons get Covid jab on historic V-Day
- Brits to be given ‘vaccine stamps’ in their passports to be able to travel next year
- UK's Covid vaccine minister suggests bars, cinemas and football stadiums could BAN Brits who haven't had jab as he admits No10 is looking at 'immunity passports'
- Oxford confirms its Covid vaccine is 70% effective and safe - but scientists warn regulators face 'dilemma' in approving jab to be given as 1.5 doses (which they accidentally found is 90% protective)
- Now ICELAND supermarket says it 'stands ready' to help Britain's vaccine roll-out with its freezer lorries after Boris warned there will be 'logistical challenges' in getting jabs to elderly in care homes
- Britain is the envy of the world: Globe hails British first as Covid vaccine is rolled out (despite some sniping from the French)
- Pensioner, 91, becomes 'national treasure' with interview about Covid vaccine as he describes being late after he 'couldn't find anywhere to damn well park', shows off 'very unexciting' immunisation card and says 'I can hug my granddaughters now'
Vaccine passport app for foreign travel will be ready in weeks – sparking hope for hols abroad this summer have 450 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.