Tiger Woods has been given hope that he can return to top-level golf by one-time Ryder Cup rival Thomas Levet. Levet broke his leg jumping into a lake to celebrate his victory at the 2011 French Open in one of the sport’s most bizarre injury incidents and was back playing inside three months. But it was the experience of his wife Caroline – a leading French amateur who was also seriously hurt in a car crash – which persuades Levet that Woods is not yet finished. "I had only a broken fibula so Tiger’s injury is very different but my wife suffered the same injuries as he has as an 18-year-old," said Levet. "She was in a head-on crash – one car going 80kmh, the other 110kmh. She was in surgery for 15 hours. They operated on both her legs, feet and ankles. She could not walk for six months. But a year and a bit later, in 1988, she was playing for the French Open in a play-off. She couldn’t run, walking tired her but she came back. And if she came back, Tiger can come back too." The difference is that Woods is 45 but Levet, who played… Read full this story
- Who has Tiger Woods dated? His girlfriends including porn stars, waitresses and a cougar who made him into a sex ‘animal’
- Tiger Woods’ ex-wife Elin Nordegren, 39, is pregnant with 30-year-old NFL star’s baby shortly after it’s revealed she’s ‘still hurt’ by golfer’s relationship with Erica Herman
- Who is Tiger Woods’ girlfriend Erica Herman? How long has US Open 2019 star been dating the restaurant manager?
- Tiger Woods back in contention for Olympic golf qualification
- Distraught girlfriend listened on phone as partner was killed in horror car crash
- Shamed Richard Keogh to appeal Derby sacking after being axed following boozy car crash injuries
- 'If you don't believe it's safe, just drive off': Police issue extraordinary new advice to motorists to leave the scene of a car crash, as carjacking fears increase
- Derby SACK captain Richard Keogh for ‘gross misconduct’ after boozy car crash injuries
- Top North Korean Aide Dies in Car Crash: Reports
- Safety-obsessed mum’s split second mistake allowed 18 month old son to drown in garden pool when she left ‘doggy door’ open
Tiger Woods facing "18-month rehab" after car crash warns top golf coach have 373 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.