The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: Disney+ release first trailer
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
It has been almost two years since the climactic events of Avengers Endgame were screened in cinemas around the world. Going forwards the Marvel Cinematic Universe is being spread across both the usual blockbuster movies but also Disney+ TV shows. WandaVision is the first of the latter in Marvel Phase 4, but in just a couple of weeks the six-part The Falcon and The Winter Soldier lands on the streaming service.
Both Disney+ miniseries are set in 2023, shortly after Tony Stark's death and Steve Rogers' retirement as Captain America in Avengers Endgame .
And now Sam Wilson star Anthony Mackie has shared how his Falcon, technically the new Cap now, is doing after being brought back to life with Hulk's Snap.
But the 42-year-old also teased an intriguing Iron Man connection for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier show.
Speaking with Disney's D23 Magazine, Mackie said: "The wings have become much more pliable, much more dynamic."
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier star teases Iron Man connection after Avengers Endgame (Image: MARVEL)
Sam Wilson’s suit in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (Image: MARVEL)
The Falcon star continued: "He’s much more of a winged force. Coming out of Endgame and being blipped out and blipped back in, it seems this time around, he really appreciates being alive."
But then he added: "He’s been even more ‘Tony Starkerized’ than before."
By the sounds of it, Falcon's armour has had quite the technological advancements, a bit like the Iron Man suit upgrades throughout the MCU movies.
The Direct points out that the Tony Stark comparison could also be a reference to the billionaire's near-death experience during the Afghanistan scenes in the first Iron Man movie.
Is old Steve Rogers dead in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier? (Image: MARVEL)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier begins streaming on Disney from March 19, 2021. (Image: MARVEL)
Managing to escape his imprisonment in Afghanistan, Tony Stark shifted the focus of his life from self-interest to selflessness.
Of course, the latter was most embodied in his sacrificial death to save the universe in Avengers Endgame.
The outlet argues: "It led him to make bold decisions, like shutting down the weapon manufacturing department of Stark Industries and made him appreciate the small things in life, like cheeseburgers.
"Sam Wilson was already a superhero before being snapped away, but one thing he and pre-Afghanistan Tony did have in common was their quick wit."
DON’T MISS Avengers Endgame star Robert Downey Jr open to Iron Man return [IRON MAN RETURN] Avengers Endgame plot hole solved? 'Luis was the other Ant-Man' [PLOT HOLE] WandaVision theory: Scarlet Witch opens MCU multiverse to Fox and Sony [THEORY]
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is expected to see Sam Wilson fight to be recognised as the new Captain America after Steve Rogers gave him his shield in Avengers Endgame.
And the latest rumour is that Mackie will get his very own solo movie with a Captain America 4.
This alleged leak comes from Giant Freakin Robot 's trustworthy insider who has correctly predicted other MCU news.
But while it's allegedly going to be focused on Sam Wilson as Captain America, they claim that Marvel want Chris Evans to feature.
This could mean that Steve will cameo in Captain America 4 either as the old man at the end of Avengers Endgame or by time travel.
Although a recent still for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier sees Sam holding Cap's shield in an old fashioned bedroom while wearing a suit and black tie.
Fans are concerned the six-parter will open with Cap's funeral. Whatever the case, it's not long before we find out.
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier begins streaming on Disney+ from March 19, 2021.
- Marvel fans react to Avengers Endgame beating Avatar at the box office, Russo Brothers thank ‘greatest fans in the universe’
- It’s official, Avengers: Endgame finally overthrows Avatar as the world’s most successful film ever
- James Cameron concedes defeat, wishes Marvel as Avengers Endgame dethrones Avatar as box office king
- NFL Star LeSean McCoy Regrets Spoiling Tony Stark's Death in Avengers: Endgame
- Chris Evans Talks Emotional Final Days as Captain America in Avengers: Endgame
- Avengers: Endgame and Black Widow Posters Gets a Classic Comic Book Redesign
- Tony Stark Is the Burger King in Bosslogic's Delicious New Avengers: Endgame Art
- Civil War Star Anthony Mackie Doesn't Want a Solo Falcon Movie
- Marvel: How Much Money Does The Avengers Cast Make From The Movies? Report Has New Figures
- Lego Marvel's Avengers review
- LeSean McCoy Says Spoiling 'Avengers' Movie Was 'Worst Decision Of My Life'
- Iron Spider Suit from Spider-Man: Homecoming Fully Revealed
- Don't Lose That Loving Feeling: See the Stars of
- ‘Deadpool’: How Fox Turned Risque Superhero Into A Summer Smash In The Dead Of Winter
- Being James Brown: Inside the Private World of the Baddest Man Who Ever Lived
- ‘Captain Marvel’ Nears $500M Overseas; Lights Up $760M WW – International Box Office
- Dwayne Johnson pokes fun at Kevin Hart's height in 2020 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards acceptance speech
- Disney Plus: Early movie releases and everything else in coronavirus lockdown
- 20+ Marvel Gifts for Your Real-Life Superheroes
- ‘Captain Marvel’ Rises To Second Best 2nd Weekend In March With $69M+ – Sunday AM Update
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier star teases Iron Man connection after Avengers Endgame have 1062 words, post on www.express.co.uk at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.