SHOPPERS were left baffled by Superdrug’s bizarre “star buy” of the week which increased the price of hand sanitiser. Bottles of So..? hand sanitiser were priced at £1.15 per bottle but promoted as two for £3 – meaning the bottles are 35p more expensive if you buy two. Daniel Leitch, 23, spotted the blunder at the branch in Victoria train station in London. He told The Sun: “I clocked it and it made me double take. “I’m bad at maths but even I could work out it wasn’t a good deal. “I’d popped into Superdrug to pick up my lunch, so I wasn’t really paying attention to the deals. Most read in Money HUNGRY FOR IT Full list of restaurant chain plans for reopening on April 12 CASH IN Budget 2021 predictions including furlough and universal credit extension SAVINGS BOOST Millions on Universal Credit still missing out on Help to Save £1,200 bonus SUMMER OF LOVE Cheaper holidays and meals out this summer as Chancellor ‘to extend VAT cut’ SUPERMARKET SWEEP Martin Lewis explains how to get £184 ‘free’ from Sainsbury’s GREEN FINGERS Martin Lewis warning over £5k Green Homes Grant amid rumours it could be axed “I think a… Read full this story
- How Star Citizen raised $7 million in seven days
- Star Citizen is About to Get More Expensive for Europe
- 10 of the rarest, most expensive Funko Pop Vinyls on the planet
- Star Wars Battlefront Star Cards and Charged Star Cards Guide
- Atari buys Cryptic [Update]
- Q&A: Making music with former Bungie composer Marty O'Donnell
- Here are the 10 most expensive cars in the world that you wish you could afford
- Star Wars: The Old Republic - The End of an Era?
- Everything you need to know about buying a washer and dryer
- Luxury E-Tail: Who's Buying This Stuff?
Superdrug’s ‘star buy’ leaves shoppers baffled after making hand gel more expensive have 293 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.