Shamima Begum has been seen for the first time since the Supreme Court ruled she cannot return to the UK to pursue an appeal against the removal of her British citizenship. Footage shows the 21-year-old ISIS bride walking through the al-Roj detention camp where she has been living in northern Syria following the collapse of the terror group’s Middle East stronghold. British-born Ms Begum was wearing sunglasses, a jacket, t-shirt, leggings and white trainers when the video was recorded by an ITV News crew. She was usually seen wearing traditional clothing when tracked down by journalists in the past. In the video, she appears to turn her face away from the news camera and walk hurriedly towards a cluster of tens as children play outside. She declined to comment, ITV news reported. Ms Begum was 15 when she and two other east London schoolgirls travelled to Syria to join the so-called Islamic State group (IS) in February 2015. Her British citizenship was revoked on national security grounds shortly after she was found, nine months pregnant, in a Syrian refugee camp in February 2019. Ms Begum, now 21, is challenging the Home Office’s decision to remove her British citizenship and wants… Read full this story
- British ISIS jihadist at Syrian prison camp demands he be allowed to return to the UK for 'rehabilitation'
- ISIS brides start ‘influencer’ Instagram channels praising jihadis and begging for cash from inside al-Hawl refugee camp
- Another Missing British Teen Girl Found in Syrian Camp for ISIS Brides
- Wanted: one Syrian family for small Welsh village
- Teenage girl who sparked UK-wide search when she vanished from her home aged 18 'is found six years later in Syrian camp for ISIS brides'
- Brit ISIS kids ‘starving to death’ in ‘Guantanamo-style’ Syrian camps breeding new generation of jihadis
- Refugee Minors Die at France-UK Border Over Processing Delays - Charity
- Rohingya refugees being moved to 'dangerous' remote island off Bangladesh
- I'm A Celebrity's Gwrych Castle location continues to be prepared for show's first UK-based series as construction work resumes at the 200-year-old historic site in Wales
- UK Asylum Seekers Warehoused in 'Desperate Conditions' at Napier Barracks, Journalist Reports
Shamima Begum seen at Syrian refugee camp after being told she can't return to UK have 346 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.