Serial killer Rose West has received her coronavirus vaccine ahead of prison staff because she is obese and classed as 'extremely vulnerable'.
The 67-year-old inmate and her husband Fred abducted, sexually abused and murdered multiple young women and girls from the 1960s to the 1980s.
Fred West killed himself before his trial and his wife has spent the last 26 years behind bars.
Last night West, who is obese and has deteriorating eyesight, was given the vaccine at HMP New Hall, in West Yorkshire.
She is considered to be 'extremely vulnerable' leaving her in the same priority group as those who are currently shielding.
Sources told The Sun they were angry that West was not made to 'wait until they've at least started vaccinating some over-65s' who have not murdered anyone.
One said: 'Rose is hugely overweight, getting older and has been locked up for years.
'Her health isn't great and she's undoubtedly at greater risk of Covid than many on the outside. But does that really mean she should be the first in the queue?'
The Government's policy is to vaccinate prisoners the same way they are vaccinating the public, by going through priority groups, and it insists inmates are not jumping the queue.
But some who are shielding said they have not been offered their first jab, despite being extremely vulnerable.
Angie Maddocks, from Essex, said she has been shielding since October because she is autoimmune but has not had 'a hint' of when she is getting her dose.
Similarly Mark, from Tottenham in north-west London, tweeted that he has not heard anything about his jab, despite being in the top four priority groups that are set to be vaccinated by Monday.
Yesterday the NHS confirmed that over-65s will now start being invited to get their doses.
West was said to have had a 'bad reaction' to the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine and has 'taken to her bed' with 'lots of flu-like symptoms'.
Fred and Rose West kidnapped and abused 12 young women and girls before burying them in their House of Horrors in Gloucester.
Police found remains in the cellar, under the floor, beneath a fake chimney and in the garden.
Their victims included 18-year-old Anne McFall who was pregnant, presumably by Fred, Charmaine West, who was Fred's own step-daughter, Charmaine's mother Rena West, Fred and Rose's own daughter Heather West and many more.
It comes as convicted paedophile Gary Glitter, 76, was given the vaccine at HMP The Verne, in Portland, Dorset last week.
A Government spokesperson said: 'Prisoners are being vaccinated at the same time as the general public and in line with the priority groups set out by the independent Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation.'
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]
For more stories like this, check our news page .
Sign Up for News Updates
Get your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
Not convinced? Find out more »
- The vilest love affair: Serial killers Rose West and Myra Hindley were lovers in prison - before West dumped Hindley because she was 'dangerous' and 'very manipulative'
- Serial killer Rose West's nephew is jailed for 18 years for kidnapping and raping girl, 12, after plying her with cocaine, cannabis and vodka
- Rose West 'set to marry prison lover after serial killer fell in love with fellow inmate 30 years her junior'
- FBI confirm that 79-year-old man who admitted to killing 93 people is the most prolific US serial killer in HISTORY as investigators release his chilling video confessions and jailhouse sketches he drew of his victims
- Convicted serial killer Samuel Little confesses to 3 more murders, charged with 2 deaths
- Serial killer pleads guilty in Texas woman's 1994 death
- Dennis Nilsen: Serial killer dies in prison aged 72
- New Jersey serial killer, 23, is convicted of murdering three women and attempting to slay a fourth who survived and testified against him
- Black cab rapist John Worboys 'strikes up dark friendship with Baby P's killer behind bars'
- Teacher Dies Trying To Save Lost Hiker | Heinous Killer: LA Today
- Missing Gaia Pope is caught on CCTV buying an ice cream in a petrol station an hour before she vanished as her heartbroken mother claims daughter, 19, may be 'being held against her will in a van'
- The deaths that shocked Australia in 2019: From models to politicians and those we grew up with on TV – as well as the everyday people killed just living their lives
- Train Crash; Sexual Battery: San Rafael, North Bay Police Log
- Baby P's evil mum preparing new bid for freedom and 'will get legal aid'
- How Damien Echols Used Magick to Survive Death Row
- Germany: Missing teenager found in suspected pedophile's closet
- An Escort Killed Her Client In Self-Defense — Then Came The Aftermath
- Impressions: The Temporal Invasion
- Black Dahlia murder: Son of ‘Gangster Squad’ cop says dad always suspected this guy of the grisly killing
- Wot I Think: Perfect Angle - The Worst Game Story Ever Written
Serial killer Rose West, 67, has had her Covid jab in prison have 838 words, post on metro.co.uk at February 13, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.