Nicola Sturgeon has been accused of damaging Scotland’s institutions to “save her own skin”. In fierce exchanges during First Minister’s Questions, the leader of the Scottish Conservatives, Ruth Davidson , said the Scottish government was tainted, the standing of parliament diminished, and that a culture of secrets and cover-ups had grown on Ms Sturgeon ‘s watch. Ms Sturgeon called that a dangerous and deluded conspiracy. Her predecessor, Alex Salmond , is due to appear before the Scottish parliament’s harassment committee on Friday. Watch and follow live on Sky News as Alex Salmond appears before the inquiry starting at 12.30pm Advertisement It is looking into the government’s mishandling of harassment complaints against him by two female civil servants. His advance written submission has been partially redacted and Ms Davidson said the sections concealed from public view, and from access by the committee, were those most damaging to Ms Sturgeon. More from Alex Salmond Alex Salmond set to elaborate on claims that Nicola Sturgeon misled Scottish Parliament Alex Salmond will now appear before harassment inquiry this week – days after pulling out over Sturgeon evidence row Alex Salmond pulls out of Holyrood committee hearing after evidence removed from Scottish parliament website Salmond… Read full this story
- Nicola Sturgeon to demand powers for 2020 referendum
- Sturgeon to request fresh independence referendum 'within weeks'
- Saving the union will need imagination – and we’ve lost it
- David Starkey claims Scottish independence would be 'act of shocking of vandalism'
- Reactions in Britain to new Brexit deal
- Factbox: British reactions to new Brexit deal
- The Latest: Tusk says Brexit deal will avoid chaos
- Homeward bound: Megyn Kelly catches a train to DC ahead of her big return to Fox News, where she will discuss Ronan Farrow's reporting with her on-air replacement Tucker Carlson - a year after NBC exit
- Urban living makes us miserable – this city is trying to change that
- The superfoods that boost your body's five defence systems: Dr WILLIAM LI details the diet that will keep your disease-fighting stem cells working efficiently
Scotland: Nicola Sturgeon accused of damaging Scotland's institutions to 'save her own skin' have 329 words, post on news.sky.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.