CHICAGO (CBS) — The COVID-19 vaccine system was not set up with the elderly in mind. That's the message a River Forest man has for Walgreens as he, like so many others, is working to make vaccine appointments for his elderly parents. He told CBS 2's Tara Molina the pharmacy's sign-up system has made that impossible.
Dave Elsner said it is a problem that there is no option to make an appointment for someone else. That person has to create a new account and then verify the account with a text or email, which is impossible for someone who does not have access to technology or is not computer savvy.
As demand for vaccinations continues to be high, we are committed to ensuring a seamless scheduling experience to achieve the shared goal of vaccinating our most vulnerable populations as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are preparing to roll out a new phone service in the next week that automates vaccine appointment scheduling for those that can't use the website.
- CVS CEO: Pharmacies Ready To Distribute Covid-19 Vaccines Once Approved
- COVID-19 vaccine jabs can now be booked through a GP. But read this before you call
- People can record COVID-19 vaccination process, says Khairy following claims of improperly administered doses
- These routine shots already are required in schools, as more states ban Covid-19 vaccine requirements
- Major medical groups call for employers to mandate Covid-19 vaccines for health care workers
- China Gives Unproven Covid-19 Vaccines to Thousands, With Risks Unknown
- FAQ: What you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccination exercise for students
- COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan 'still unclear' as disability advocates call for clarity
- Eric Clapton Refuses To Play Where Covid-19 Vaccination Is Required
- What is a COVID-19 vaccine 'breakthrough' case?
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Where And How To Get It In Birmingham
- COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Can Be Made Via New Alabama Website
- Don't skip your second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, health experts warn
- As COVID-19 vaccine demand slips, officials look for new ways to reach more people
- Covid-19 vaccine: Norfolk and Norwich Hospital begins giving jabs
- Once hesitant about COVID-19 vaccines, some have changed their minds
- My Mom Doesn’t Want Me to Get the Covid-19 Vaccine. But I Already Did.
- COVID-19 vaccinations up 14% in past week, White House says
- 'It Knocks You Out': Rich Eisen Says His COVID-19 Experience Is Tale of Vaccine Triumph
- When will COVID-19 vaccines be fully approved—and does it matter whether they are?
River Forest Man Says Walgreens’ COVID-19 Vaccine Sign Up System Makes It Impossible To Make Appointment For Parents have 716 words, post on chicago.cbslocal.com at February 12, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.