A ranch next door to Area 51 has gone up for sale, and a bizarre old agreement means the new owner may be able to gain some access to the restricted site.
The 80-acre Medlin Ranch has gone on sale and could be yours for the whopping sum of $4.5milloin (around £3.2million).
Steve and Glenda Medlin moved to the site, in Tikaboo Valley in the state of Nevada, in 1973 to build and run a 750-cattle ranch operation.
At the time, there were no buildings, running water, nor other utilities but the listing for it now includes two homes, 70 irrigation spots for cattle, and a total of 80 acres of land.
WGN reports that the ranch is the only cattle ranch that is “directly adjacent to the world’s best-known military base”.
In the middle of the 1980s, the United States Government seized more of the land surrounding Area 51, which included part of Medlin Ranch.
Steve Medlin was told, “it’s never going to make no difference,” by the United States Government when they unexpectedly seized more land.
But the landowner did work out a rather unusual agreement with the United States Air Force.
A WGN report adds that the military told Mr Medlin he could enter the forbidden base to tend his roaming cattle, but he needed to call first on a radio they gave him – so he can technically get into the land surrounding Area 51.
The land up for sale also includes the site of a black mailbox which has become iconic among UFO hunters on a deserted stretch of road known as the “Extraterrestrial Highway”.
Located around six miles from the home on the ranch, close to Highway 375, the mailbox became a tourist attraction for alien believers hoping to gain some insight into what was going on at Area 51.
Before long, people began to leave messages for aliens inside the mailbox so the family replaced it with a white one in 1996, adding an additional “alien dropbox” to keep their mail separate.
“They were waiting for the aliens to abduct them, and they were anxious to meet them,” Glenda previously told the LA Times.
“We’d just shake our heads… It was so asinine.”
To bid on the property, visit the Allie Bear Real Estate website .
- Why fallout from coronavirus hits Bay Area so hard
- Britain's VERY high-price homes: £25.5million Belgravia 11-bedroom mansion was among London's most expensive sales last year while Birmingham property went for £4.7m and Bristol house topped £3.6m
- Australia's most famous car is up for grabs: Iconic GT Falcon 'Pursuit Special' driven by Mel Gibson in Mad Max goes on sale - and it could fetch $5MILLION
- Comedian Merrick Watts shatters Lilyfield property record with sale of insane converted warehouse
- It Was New Orleans’ Musicians—Not Its Politicians—Who Saved the City Post-Katrina
- Sources: Possible Sale Of New York Mets To Billionaire Steve Cohen Is In Jeopardy
- A South Coast retreat... with a very Yankee vibe: New England-style waterfront house goes on sale for £1.3m (in breezy Eastbourne)
- Katy area calendar of events
- New hands-on owner of Purgatory is returning Durango ski area to its roots
- Paetow football faces new challenges in Division I
- Trump regrets 'bizarre mistake' of Paris climate pullout, Branson claims
- Blackburn North auction: house a ripper reward for cafe owner
- A-listed! Stunning 10-bedroom mansion with indoor pool, gym and landscaped gardens goes on sale for £40 MILLION in exclusive Highgate - home to stars including Jude Law and Kate Moss
- 'I'm doing discos all around Australia': Warwick Capper reveals he is working as a DJ... as he gives out email address in bizarre live TV interview to promote $30-a-minute video message business
- 4WD hire firm goes into liquidation as clients chase money owed and court case looms
- Mansion on English country estate where the Allies plotted to assassinate Adolf Hitler's henchman SS General Reinhard Heydrich goes on sale for £1.5m
- Tiny Monarch Mountain ski area thriving in the shadow of giants
- New-generation FTAs to bring opportunities but also risks and challenges, says Minister
- Football stadium goes on market and you could buy it - for a huge price tag
- Line 51 brewery opens in Oakland with a transit-inspired surprise in store for customers
Ranch next to Area 51 goes up for sale with bizarre agreement for new owner have 681 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at February 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.