The Duke of Edinburgh’s stay in hospital entered an eighth day today – his longest medical admission for at least a decade without a pre-planned operation, MailOnline can reveal today. Prince Philip remains in the private King Edward VII Hospital in Marylebone amid continuing concerns for his health because he was only expected to stay in for a few days at most. Buckingham Palace has also given no update on his health since he was admitted for treatment for an unspecified issue last Tuesday. The Queen’s husband has been in hospital seven times in the past decade – but his current stay is the longest visit apart from two planned operations on his hip and abdomen where he needed 11-days in hospital both times. Whereas for ‘precautionary’ visits for illnesses including recurring urinary infections and a blocked artery, he has been home within five days. Philip has spent his seventh night in hospital after he was admitted last Tuesday for ‘observation and rest’ after being taken ill – but was said to be in ‘good spirits’. Philip, who will turn 100 on June 10, is in hospital for an undisclosed reason although it is not coronavirus-related. There was some good news yesterday when… Read full this story
- Number of children breaking their bones because of trampolines has jumped by 70% in a decade 'amid the rise of trendy indoor bounce houses'
- Teenagers who trawl through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for three hours each day have worse sleeping patterns, scientists say
- Air pollution linked to spikes in hospital and GP visits
- Chicago teachers on strike for 8th day
- NHS needs £2,000 in tax from every household to stay afloat – report
- For decades, Ireland's mother and baby homes were shrouded in secrecy. Some say the veil still hasn't lifted
- Menopause misconceptions highlight how health care neglects women in middle, later life
- Long-serving US Congressman John Conyers Jr. who cofounded the Congressional Black Caucus prior to resigning amid sexual allegation charges dies age 90
- The boy who's growing on the inside only: Toddler, 17 months, with mystery genetic condition is still the same size as a newborn but his organs threaten to outgrow his body
- How Trump's immigration agenda collided with health care
Prince Philip remains in hospital for eighth day in longest unplanned stay for over decade amid growing concern for his health have 355 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.