Prince Edward has said the royal family are keeping their “fingers crossed” but that his father, the Duke of Edinburgh, is “a lot better” a week after he was admitted to hospital. Speaking to Sky News, the Earl of Wessex, Prince Philip’s youngest son, said he had talked to his father on the phone. Asked how he was doing, he said: “As far as I’m aware, well I did speak to them the other day, so he’s a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he’s looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing. “So we keep our fingers crossed.” Buckingham Palace has said Philip is likely to remain in hospital “for several days”. Advertisement The Duke of Edinburgh remains at King Edward VII’s Hospital where he is receiving medical attention for an infection,” said a statement. “He is comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days.” More from UK COVID-19: Scotland to move back into level system with stay-at-home order ending on 5 April COVID news live: UK latest as Boris Johnson reviews ‘vaccine passports’ that would create ‘two-tier’ society Alex Salmond may pull out of Holyrood committee… Read full this story
- Enterprise has a lot to look forward to with Windows 10 Creators Update
- 'When someone saves your life!' Natasha Bedingfield shares sweet snap of son Solomon, 23 months, with his doctor as toddler leaves hospital after successful surgery
- Prince Philip 'being looked after very well': Charles
- A Canadian Christmas: Prince Harry, Meghan along with baby Archie spend family time; Justin Trudeau wishes them a quiet stay
- Obese man weighing 55 stones who took up four hospital beds despite being medically fit enough to be discharged finally leaves hospital after 18-MONTH stay
- Prince Andrew is frozen out from annual family trip to £13million Verbier ski lodge - where he hid when Jeffrey Epstein scandal broke - after being forced to step back from public duties
- Prince George mixes it with the Queen: Four generations of the Royal family prepare Christmas puddings for the British Royal Legion - and the six-year-old STILL manages to stay spotlessly clean!
- Prince Philip in hospital after 'flu-like symptoms and suffering a fall'
- Prince Philip, 98, is taken to London's King Edward VII Hospital on advice of Royal doctors - just hours before the Queen arrived in Sandringham
- RICHARD KAY: Prince Philip may still be sprightly at 98 but he hasn't been the same since THAT car crash
Prince Philip 'a lot better' and 'looking forward' to leaving hospital, Prince Edward says have 407 words, post on news.sky.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.