A police officer has been tragically killed when a van struck her while she cycled on a countryside dual carriageway. Sergeant Lynwen Thomas, 37, died on the roadside after she was hit by the vehicle in rural Wales on Thursday evening. Super-fit Lynwen was an experienced cyclist who had previously taken part in triathlons and a charity ride from John O’Groats to Lands End. She worked as a heritage crime specialist at Dyfed Powys Police and was described as a “well-respected” officer. Hundreds of devastated colleagues paid tribute to her by changing their Facebook profile pictures to a thin blue line. One described her as a “lovely lady who would be greatly missed” while others remembered how generous Lynwen would “do anything for anyone”. But tragedy struck when she was riding along the busy A40 road in Carmarthenshire near Bancyfelin. The van driver was arrested and questioned on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and has since been released under investigation. A force spokeswoman said: “With sadness we confirm the tragic loss of a member of the Dyfed-Powys Police family. “Sergeant Lynwen Thomas was a well-respected serving officer who passed away following a collision yesterday. “Our thoughts are with… Read full this story
- Police search for driver after man dies in hit-and-run
- Police: Aid call for man on bus escalated to shooting
- Updates after person hit and killed by Tube train at Bond Street
- Watch the terrifying moment a speeding van flies over a busy roundabout
- This is how much Pompey have paid in police bills over the last five years
- They saw his empty tandem bike seat and joked he lost a rider. He did – his wife died
- 6 die in Indonesia riots, Widodo says he won't allow unrest
- Living in a Van Down by the River
- Morning Links: Signing Day grades for Utah and Utah State; Saints fan died to avoid Super Bowl LIII
- Ranking the top 20 sports moments of 'The Office'
Police officer, 37, dies after being hit by van while cycling on dual carriageway have 316 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.