Gemma Collins gets emotional as she reflects on being trolled
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
For the latest episode of Piers Morgan Life Stories, the Good Morning Britain host sat down with Gemma Collins, who shot to fame after appearances in The Only Way is Essex. The reality star opened up about the abuse and death threats she has received online, breaking down in tears as she recalled being called a "fat cow" in front of her mother.
Speaking to Katie Price on Good Morning Britain about the online abuse her son Harvey has received, Piers spoke about his chat with Gemma.
"I interviewed Gemma Collins, another reality TV for Life Stories, which goes out tomorrow night and she talked about the affect it had on her. It got very emotional," the controversial host explained.
In the clip from Life Stories, Piers said: "We've found some of these messages, 'please leave TOWIE and die, you hurt my eyes when you come on TV, please just die you waste of oxygen, you're just a fat attention-seeing B' and so on.
"I mean utterly vile and I would normally say, well they'd never say it to your face but some people did say it to your face and would shout in the street at you."
Piers Morgan furious as Gemma Collins in tears after cruel trolls called her 'fat c***' (Image: ITV )
Piers Morgan interviewed Gemma Collins on Life Stories about the abuse she received (Image: ITV)
Gemma replied: "It was so embarrassing once, I was taking my mum for lunch, a van pulled up and they started abusing me.
“It wasn’t for me, I felt so hurt that that happened in front of my mum.”
Piers asked: "What were they saying?" before he was left visibly stunned by his guests response.
Gemma revealed: "You fat c***. You know, fat cow.
Gemma Collins breaks down on Piers Morgan's Life Stories
“Look at you stuffing your face.’ Again, I'm used to it but I didn't want my mum to hear it.”
Gemma broke down in the interview with Piers, telling the host: "You don’t forget it but that’s the downside of fame.
"I'm a lot more comfortable now in my own skin.”
It's not the first time Piers has spoken about his interview with Gemma, hitting out at online trolls earlier in the week.
On Monday, he told co-host Susanna Reid: "Whether you do or not nobody should have to put up with people on Twitter spewing the kind of death threats and vile abuse they have been spewing at Gemma Collins and the moment I confirmed it, the moment I announced it, the moment it started.
DON’T MISS… Antiques Roadshow guest admits she snubbed valuable jewellery [VIDEO] Andrew Neil says Macron acting like Trump over UK rage [WATCH] Susanna Reid diet: GMB host on weight loss transformation [WEIGHT LOSS]
“People sending death threats – saying, ‘I hope you die’…”
"What?" Susanna replied as Piers confirmed: "Literally, yes. I was reading the stuff.
"It’s more than what is wrong with people, it is a malevolent thing in our society now.
"And there is no regulation. If a newspaper did that or if we did that today – if we spent the next five minutes wishing people dead – we would be taken off air.
“Literally, we would be taken off air and pulled. Ofcom would intervene and we would be taken off air but nothing happens on Twitter.
“These morons abuse these footballers, even Captain Tom – even Captain Tom got it! – and, yes, maybe more divisive figures like Gemma Collins alright, a more divisive, polarising figure but she shouldn’t have to have people wishing her dead on a public platform with no repercussions for people that do that."
Good Morning Britain airs weekdays on ITV at 6am while Piers Morgan's Life Stories airs Thursday on ITV at 9pm.
- Piers Morgan clashes with Susanna Reid over Greggs’ new vegan steak bake as they return to Good Morning Britain
- Celebrity News – Juice Wrld, I’m A Celebrity, Piers Morgan and Corrie
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Execute him': Cleveland kidnapping suspect's own daughter calls for him to be given the death penalty
- Meal ticket! Shocking moment furious 4X4 driver CHEWS UP parking fine and SPITS it at warden then tries to mow down colleague filming on bodycam
- Hollyoaks Nick Pickard reveals he didn’t tell ANYONE Tony survived Breda’s stabbing as he calls on Will Mellor to return
- Most Haunted TV star Derek Acorah, 69, died of sepsis after being trolled on his deathbed by psychics jealous of his fame, wife says
- 'It's on a knife-edge!' Boris Johnson makes final, impassioned plea to voters as he warns there 'is a very real risk of a hung parliament' and says 'it's up to you now' - while Jeremy Corbyn calls for a 'shock to the establishment'
- Ben Fogle donates his entire salary for this year's Animal Park to pay for pensioners' TV licences - as WWII PoW, 99, blasts BBC for axing 'lifeline' to 3.7million over-75s
- From child refugee to Chanel supermodel: Meet the 19-year-old named by Meghan Markle as one of the 15 'trailblazing' women who is a 'force for change'
- Queen gives courtiers 72 hours to seal deal with 'hopeful' Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: Monarch demands blueprint which can also apply to Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis
- Coronation Street viewers rejoice as Cathy finally catches Geoff abusing Yasmeen and vows to find out the truth
- Dracula drained the lifeblood out of viewers pushing BBC’s ‘woke’ agenda
- 'Make no mistake, it's an insult': Fleet Street's jury say Meghan and Harry can expect 'no mercy' after their stunning decision to 'go rogue' and quit
- Team Meghan and Harry, or Team Royals? Celebs rally behind 'Megxit' as opponents slam couple
- 'We have created an earthquake': Boris Johnson hails his massive Brexit mandate as election results put Tories on track for EIGHTY majority - while Jeremy Corbyn announces he is on way out after worst Labour result since 1935
- Chris Evans tells Cold Feet fans they will ‘definitely cry’ in ‘breathtaking’ first episode on his Virgin Radio show
- Katie Price shows off huge surgery scar from 11th boob job in her bikini on holiday in Thailand
- Scott Morrison slammed after tweeting 50-second ad spruiking new bushfire measures
- Fury as Jeremy Corbyn refuses FOUR times to apologise for anti-Semitism in car crash Andrew Neil grilling
- Meghan threatened to bring change. So she was hounded out
Piers Morgan furious as Gemma Collins in tears after cruel trolls called her ‘fat c***’ have 1239 words, post on www.express.co.uk at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.