N ovak Djokovic is through to a ninth Australian Open final after a comprehensive straight-sets win over Russian qualifier Aslan Karatsev. The world No 1, who has won the title on each of the eight previous occasions he has reached the semi-finals in Melbourne, beat the world No 114 6-3, 6-4, 6-2. It was a much-needed comfortable evening for Djokovic after suffering an abdominal injury in the third-round five-setter against Taylor Fritz and a nail-biting victory over Alexander Zverev in the quarter-finals. He will now face either Daniil Medvedev or Stefanos Tsitsipas in the final on Sunday.
- Djokovic, Nadal set to face off
- Djokovic to face Nadal for Australian Open title
- Djokovic Will Face Nadal for Aussie Open Title
- Novak Djokovic overwhelms Rafael Nadal for 7th Australian Open title
- Novak Djokovic motivated to surpass Roger Federer's 20 Grand Slam titles
- Novak, Naomi, other things we learned at Australian Open
- Djokovic routs Nadal for record 7th Australian Open
- Djokovic Secures 7th Aussie Open
- Pliskova and Svitolina Advance in Aussie Open
- Australian Open: Alexander Zverev destroys racket during loss
Novak Djokovic delivers semi-final masterclass to beat Aslan Karatsev and reach ninth Australian Open final have 165 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.