Boris Johnson has raised hopes of a 'normal' summer by announcing plans to lift all Covid restrictions in England by June 21. The Prime Minister set out a four-step easing of restrictions starting with the return of all children to school and social mixing outdoors ( see below ). He predicted that the success of the vaccine roll-out meant: "Today the end really is in sight". Mr Johnson told MPs: "A wretched year will give way to a Spring and a Summer that will be incomparably better". He later added that the "crocus of hope is poking through the frost". But in a dramatic shift in tone, he stressed that his approach must now be "cautious" to avoid a fourth national lockdown. And he admitted that he could not guarantee that the measures would be "irreversible" – although he wanted them to be. What is your view? Have your say in the comments section Tory MPs have urged him to lift measures by April 26 now that more than 17.7m people have received their first Covid jab. But experts have predicted at least another 30,000 people will die from Covid between now and summer 2022 – and many more if… Read full this story
- Paul Hollywood's Great British Bake Off co-stars predicted age-gap romance with Summer Monteys-Fulham would end... MONTHS before she 'dumped him over gagging order'
- US approves key step toward German missile defence deal
- Key dates ahead as British PM Theresa May quits
- Summer heat in India could soon be unbearable. Literally.
- Summer is over for investors as global worries build
- The 32 movies coming out this summer you can’t miss — from ‘Infinity War’ to ‘Incredibles 2’
- Don’t miss these 32 movies coming out this summer — from ‘Deadpool 2’ to ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’
- Real Madrid's Doncic still pondering summer NBA move
- The 10 most anticipated movies of the summer, according to IMDb
- Key judicial change in Pakistan’s tribal areas set back by ruling
'Normal' summer hope for Brits as lockdown to end on June 21 after 4 key steps have 321 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.