A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following a spate of fatal knife attacks on the New York subway over the weekend. Four people – all thought to be homeless – were stabbed, two fatally. Rigoberto Lopez was detained on Saturday night and formally arrested on Sunday on charges of murder and attempted murder. A man was found dead on a train in Queens on Friday night with stab wounds to his neck and torso, according to police. Two hours later a woman, 44, was found stabbed on a subway train in Manhattan, and she later died in hospital. Advertisement The other two people – men aged 67 and 43 – were injured in attacks in upper Manhattan. Deputy Chief Brian McGee of the New York City Police Department said Lopez was taken into custody at 6.15pm on Saturday after being spotted in the area of Manhattan where three of the attacks took place. More from New York Andrew Cuomo: Third woman ‘shocked and embarrassed’ as she accuses New York governor of inappropriate behaviour Daniel Prude: US police officers in ‘spit hood’ death to face no charges Gender-reveal party device explodes killing father-to-be Anna Sorokin: Fake German… Read full this story
- Seven Vietnamese workers arrested after fatal stabbing in Taiwan
- Party official charged with murder for brokering fatal stabbing
- Chinese man sentenced to death for fatally stabbing Vietnamese wife
- Disturbed homeless man attacks 5 in New York park
- New York bomb suspect charged with attempted murder
- Vietnamese man who fatally stabbed US tourist on Bui Vien turns self in
- Muslim cleric and associate shot to death on New York street
- New York gunman told public 'watch what I'm going to do'
- New York Ebola doctor 'virus free'
- US man charged in foiled New York bomb plot
New York: Murder arrest over subway homeless fatal stabbings have 282 words, post on news.sky.com at February 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.