Teachers and other key workers are not set to be prioritised in the final stage of the UK’s Covid vaccine rollout, official advisors have revealed. The vaccine authority today confirmed its priority advice for giving jabs to 21million healthy UK adults under 50, starting in mid-April. It had been hoped ministers would put teachers at the front of the queue in the second phase – once all over-50s and at-risk groups had been offered a first dose. But it’s now understood the government will obey advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) – which today said jabs should go by age instead. In a TV press conference, the JCVI announced there should be three priority groups in Phase 2 of the vaccine rollout – people aged 40 to 49, aged 30 to 39 and aged 18 to 29. That means there will be no special priority given either to teachers, police and other key professions, or to other people at higher risk factors due to being male, overweight, or from an ethnic minority background. Scroll down for the priority list in full. Professor Wei Shen Lim, COVID-19 Chair for JCVI, told today’s press conference his committee had… Read full this story
- A coronavirus vaccine isn't coming very quickly
- Self-isolate or get paid? That's the choice for gig workers in a virus outbreak, and it's a big problem for the rest of us
- Coronavirus update: Italy goes into lockdown, Australia reaches 100 confirmed COVID-19 cases, Xi Jinping visits Wuhan
- Coronavirus to 'return every winter' with 60 per cent of UK to be infected
- Heartbroken family of the second coronavirus victim to die in the UK pay tribute to a 'wonderful great-granddad' as they reveal their 'nightmare' at not being able to arrange his funeral because they are in isolation
- Louis Tomlinson is forced to postpone his European tour and The Who also reschedule their UK shows... as they join a growing list of stars to cancel plans amid coronavirus outbreak
- Family of second coronavirus victim to die in the UK say hospital was 'too slow' to isolate him: Caribbean cruise ship passenger, in his 80s, was left 'coughing excessively' on a ward for six hours as relatives fear he could have passed on the infection
- WHO experts take a SECOND swipe at UK's coronavirus plans, saying 'we need to look at ACTION' and Boris Johnson's 'herd immunity' plan is a gamble because 'we don't know enough about this virus'
- Get PAID to have coronavirus: Scientists in London will pay volunteers £3,500 to be infected in experiments to develop a vaccine for the deadly virus
- Chief medics raise coronavirus threat to HIGH across the UK as they admit up to TEN THOUSAND patients may ALREADY have the killer disease
New Covid vaccine priority list revealed for rest of UK - as teachers aren't bumped up have 441 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.