NAILBOMB killer David Copeland has converted to Islam in the hope of "getting a second chance". The 44-year-old was jailed for a 13-day hate campaign in 1999 that left three people dead and 140 injured. Engineer Copeland, who had Nazi flags hanging in his home, wanted to "stir up a racial war" with homemade explosives targeting London's black , Bengali and LGBT communities. But he now hopes he will be "re-born in a different body after death". He has told inmates at high- security HMP Frankland in Durham to call him "Saddam" — in admiration of the Iraqi dictator. He was befriended inside by Andy Ross, since freed after serving 11½ years for armed robbery. The Sunderland-born bare-knuckle boxer, 37, said: "Copeland prays every day and sees practising as a Muslim as a way of getting forgiveness and changing. But he still has a twisted mind." Most read in UK News MEG IT CLEAR Queen & Philip were not the royals who raised Archie's skin colour, says Oprah ‘DIFFERENT TIME’ Meg says royal aides defended Kate in media but ‘didn’t stand up for her’ ONE’S BUSY Meghan and Harry claim Queen SNUBBED them by cancelling overnight stay MISSING RIDDLE Six… Read full this story
- Ball-Tampering Scandal: Steve Smith, David Warner And Cameron Bancroft Should Get Second Chance, Says Darren Lehmann
- U.S. 3×3 basketball teams get one chance to qualify for Olympics
- Which Serial Killers Might Appear in
- Inside the Horrific Legacy of Serial Killer Ted Bundy
- Homeward bound! British tourist, 19, arrives for flight to UK after getting suspended sentence for gang-rape lie as she vows to clear her name after Cyprus president failed to pardon her
- Bullock’s Last Stand: Timothy Olyphant on ‘Deadwood: The Movie’ and David Milch
- Finally, a Labour MP who DOESN'T want to be leader! David Lammy rules himself out of crowded race to take over from Jeremy Corbyn
- Former world champion David Haye knew his boxing career was finished just 35 seconds into rematch with Tony Bellew
- David Spade Thinks Titans Coach Mike Vrabel Looks Just Like Ryan Reynolds, and We Can't Unsee It
- Brusthom Ziamani 'said he knew Lee Rigby killer Michael Adebolajo'
Nailbomb killer David Copeland converts to Islam in the hope of ‘getting a second chance’ have 359 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.