A police raid on a gym in Liverpool which breached Covid rules by refusing to close saw officers pin a man to the floor and wield batons at customers and staff who attempted to flee. Three people were arrested and 52 people were fined when police raided Prophecy Performance Centre in Speke, Merseyside, on Sunday afternoon. CCTV footage from the scene, shared on social media, shows gym goers trying to escape out the back of the gym before police officers try to stop them from getting away – with one appearing to swing a baton. The clip also shows a group of officers restraining one person before pulling them to the ground when they resist. Officers were tipped off that Prophecy Performance Centre had been welcoming fitness enthusiasts in defiance of the national lockdown. Police raided Prophecy Performance Centre in Speke, Merseyside, on Sunday afternoon and used force on some people outside the gym Officers were tipped off that Prophecy Performance Centre (pictured) had been welcoming fitness enthusiasts in defiance of the national lockdown CCTV footage from outside the gym (pictured) shows gym goers trying to escape out the back before police officer try to stop them from getting away… Read full this story
- Costco customers are sprayed with 'DISINFECTANT': Worker douses people entering store as coronavirus panic grips Britain
- British holidaymakers scramble to get out of Spain as they tussle with baton-wielding police as country is put on lockdown and bans nearly all travel after coronavirus cases soar to 6,391
- Police swoop on terrorists den in Lagos
- Boris Johnson says he WON'T ban mass gatherings or close schools in fight against coronavirus as health experts say government plan is to LET the disease spread slowly through UK so country gets 'herd immunity'
- A world in chaos: Five countries order schools to close, churches in Rome shut their doors, and showpiece sporting events are axed as global death toll from coronavirus nears 5,000
- How the world is responding to coronavirus: Towns on lockdown, mass-gatherings banned and increased border checks to battle pandemic... but Boris Johnson declines to stop UK sporting events and says closing schools could make the crisis WORSE
- Coronavirus is coming EVERYWHERE says Tony Fauci as he warns the event calls for 'all hands on deck' and says people need to prepare NOW but stops short of backing closing schools - for now
- How Dubai's Sheikh Al-Maktoum kidnapped his daughters and started campaign of terror against wife Princess Haya after she ran into the arms of her British ex-soldier bodyguard
- Half of Britain's coronavirus patients have been sent home: UK goes against EU advice by telling sufferers 'with mild symptoms' to lock themselves in their bedroom and avoid family members - amid fears the NHS doesn't have enough beds for an outbreak
- UK coronavirus cases jump to 116 as toll DOUBLES in two days: Eight of the latest patients caught the killer infection inside Britain as Government concedes it cannot prevent an outbreak
Moment gym is raided by police in Liverpool for breaching Covid rules by refusing to close as officers PIN man to floor and wield batons at 'customers and staff' attempting to flee have 483 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 9, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.