DEBRIS thought to be from the doomed MH370 jet has washed up on a South African beach seven years after the plane went missing. The Malaysian Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, crashed at an unknown location in March, 2014, killing all 239 people on board. A three-ft piece of wreckage came ashore at the start of February near Port Elizabeth, South Africa, it’s claimed. The self-styled investigator who found it believe’s it’s from an aircraft, most likely a Malaysian 777. Wreck hunter Blaine Gibson believes it may be part of a spoiler wing panel used to reduce lift. It’s reportedly being held by the South African Civil Aviation Authority with Malaysian authorities notified 10 days ago. JET MYSTERY Mr Gibson, who has been described as an "Indiana Jones crusader", has spent the last six years researching the mystery crash. He first hit the headlines in February 2016 when he claimed he had found debris from the Malaysian Airlines jet washed up on a sandbank in Mozambique. More than 30 pieces of debris, some confirmed as coming from the flight, have been recovered over the years. Mr. Gibson, who has found some of the pieces, believes at least half… Read full this story
- New South Wales declares a 7-day state of emergency as Australia's deadly bushfires rage
- Case Closed? Mapping Experts Name Possible Wreckage Locations of Doomed Flight MH370 - Report
- A ship was believed to have vanished in the Bermuda Triangle. Scientists found it after almost 95 years
- We need an evacuation plan now: Lib Dem leader Ed Davey says UK must prepare to bring British citizens and diplomats back from Wuhan after US sends plane to rescue 1,000 Americans trapped in coronavirus hotspot
- How tourism is taking the turtles from Kenya's blue waters
- At Home With George Clooney in Italy: Amal, the Twins, Politics and an Incendiary New Movie
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- Doctors are on standby at Heathrow to meet any sick passengers arriving from China as all 31 patients tested for coronavirus in UK are CLEARED and Border Force hunts 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks
- Now killer virus reaches Europe: Hunt is on in UK for 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks as France declares three cases and first British patient to be tested reveals treatment in 'spaceman suits'
MH370 mystery as plane debris washes up on South African beach seven years after doomed jet vanished have 401 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 17, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.