A MAN has been ordered to pay his ex-wife thousands of pounds for the years of housework and childcare she did during their marriage in a landmark ruling. The Beijing divorce court decision – believed to be the first of its kind – has sparked a heated debate in China , as the man has been told he must pay his former spouse 50,000 yuan (£5,460) for five years of unpaid labour. It comes after a new civil code came into force in the country that seeks to better protect the rights of individuals. The legislation allows people to appeal for compensation from their partners in a divorce if they have shouldered more responsibilities – including housework. According to court records, the man, listed as Mr Chen, filed for divorce last year from his wife, listed as Ms Wang, after they married in 2015. She was reluctant at first, but later requested financial compensation and division of property, on that grounds that her ex had not taken on any housework or childcare responsibility of their son. Ruling in her favour, Beijing’s Fangshan District Court ordered Mr Chen to pay his ex-wife 2,000 yuan (£218) monthly in maintenance, as well as… Read full this story
- Terrence Howard Ordered to Pay Ex-Wife $1.3 Mil in Spousal Support
- Terrence Howard claims ex-wife Michelle Ghent was deceptive in getting $1.3M in spousal support after a six-year dispute
- Husband admits stabbing his ex-wife to death at a courthouse mediation meeting but claims he was having a SEIZURE at the time - before his evidence is branded 'a pack of lies'
- Terrence Howard Says Karma Will Get Ex-Wife After $1.3 Million Judgment
- Terrence Howard's Ex-Wife Wins Appeal, Spousal Support Decision Reversed
- Paul Hollywood, 53, faces battling both his estranged wife AND 24-year-old ex-girlfriend Summer Monteys-Fullam in court - but the Bake Off star refuses to back down
- The Chic vs the Sheik: Glamorous Princess Haya is back at High Court for custody battle with billionaire Dubai ruler husband Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum over their children
- Happy birthday Salim! Muscle-bound Mehajer celebrates turning 33 with ANOTHER court appearance - as his on-off girlfriend finally reveals their relationship status
- Solemn Lindy Chamberlain arrives at ex-husband Michael's funeral - as friend reveals he died without the 'closure' of an apology for being accused of baby Azaria's murder
- Arch-remainer Gina Miller's lawyer says Boris Johnson is guilty of 'worst abuse of power in at least 50 years' at Supreme Court Brexit hearing into whether PM lied to Queen about why he was suspending Parliament
Man ordered to pay ex-wife £5,000 for years of housework and childcare in landmark Chinese court ruling have 403 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.