Tom Watson should resign as Chairman of UK Music and is not fit for the role after Leon Brittan’s widow damned him for the moral panic the former Labour MP caused during the Met’s botched VIP paedophile inquiry, critics told MailOnline today. Mr Watson became the face of the organisation representing Britain’s world-leading music industry after quitting Parliament – but his position on a reported £60,000 salary for 40 days’ work a year – has been branded ‘untenable’ and ’embarrassing’. Lady Brittan has said that Tom Watson, the former Labour deputy leader, carried out ‘the most despicable thing a human being could do’ by joining the accusers including fantasist Carl Beech, better known as ‘Nick’. Beech was jailed for 18 years after cooking up stories about notable figures, including former home secretary Leon Brittan, and falsely accusing them of child sexual abuse and murder. Mr Watson called Leon Brittan ‘as close to evil as any human could get’ after swallowing Beech’s lies, having insisted Beech’s evidence left ‘no doubt in my mind that sexual abuse by powerful figures took place.’ Daniel Janner QC’s father Lord Janner, the late Labour MP, was falsely accused by Beech, and has formed ‘Falsely Accused Individuals for Reform’ (FAIR), which is also… Read full this story
- Disaster for Labour as deputy leader Tom Watson QUITS in wake of hard left war with Corbyn
- Downing Street says criticism of Tom Watson in child abuse probe should be examined before ex-Labour deputy leader Tom Watson gets a seat in the House of Lords
- Police chief who led Scotland Yard's bungled VIP child sex inquiry failed to investigate two other abuse probe liars 'to spare force further embarrassment'
- The shaming of Scotland Yard: Scathing 'Nick' report says Met Police were more interested in covering up their mistakes over handling of fantasist Carl Beech than learning lessons from them
- MPs call for Ofcom to probe BBC’s 'disgraceful' leadership debate that featured an anti-Israel imam who blames women for rape, a Labour apparatchik and other nakedly anti-Tory guests - as broadcaster still WON'T apologise
- Scott Morrison in virus crisis talks as nine Aussies test positive in Aspen, Grand Prix canned and Disneyland shut
- Facing the Megxit! Meghan Markle meets the Queen for the first time since couple announced their royal split as she and Prince Harry attend church service in Windsor
- Whatever Happened to Ted Turner?
- American Idol: Katy Perry learns from psychic that Orland Bloom is her 'soulmate' and shares pregnancy news
- A Conversation With George Harrison
Lord Janner's son calls for Tom Watson to resign as chair of UK Music and says his position is an 'embarrassment' after Lady Brittan said he did 'most despicable thing' by joining false child abuse ring accusers have 412 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.