It’s A Sin star Nathaniel Hall said that it was a ‘wake up call’ when he was diagnosed with HIV when he was just 16. The actor, who is now 34, found out that he was HIV positive after catching the virus the first time he had sex. Nearly two decades on from his diagnosis, the Channel 4 star is now urging for people to get tested for the virus. Nathaniel plays Ritchie’s boyfriend Donald in Russell T. Davies’ hit Channel 4 drama, that centres on the 1980 AIDS crisis in London. Speaking to Radio 1’s Life Hacks at the start of this month, Nathaniel reflected on his diagnosis feeling like a ‘slap in the face’ when he was informed as a teenager. “When you’re 16, you think you’re an adult. You think you know the world,” he said on the show. “I’m from a nice, safe, middle-class background. I was head boy at my school, I was a straight-A student.” The actor went on to reveal that he began seeing an older guy when he was still in school, before being told he was HIV positive weeks before his 17th birthday. Get all the latest celebrity news delivered straight… Read full this story
- Queer Eye Star Reveals He's HIV Positive
- HIV-positive Charlie Sheen: I’ve only had sex without a condom TWICE
- Fighting HIV with life-prolonging drugs
- Charlie Sheen recalls the moment he told his father Martin he was HIV Positive
- 'Queer Eye' star Jonathan Van Ness reveals he is HIV-positive
- ‘Dancing with the Stars’ announces longest live tour ever
- Julie Walters blasts gender pay gap in film industry in the wake of BBC uproar
- 100 greatest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame albums
- HIV self-test kits may speed up diagnosis but they're not for 'the morning after'
- Austrian stigmas hurt early HIV prevention
It's A Sin star Nathaniel Hall says HIV diagnosis at 16 was a 'wake up call' have 296 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.