SHE is the beauty queen who married Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman aged 18 and stuck by him during his murderous reign as boss of the feared Sinaloa cartel. Even after his arrest, Emma Coronel Aispuro refused to turn on her lover during his trial, despite hearing how he tortured enemies and kept mistresses. But now US investigators are confident the glamorous gangster's moll — nicknamed "Little Queen" by El Chapo and a Narco Princess by cops — could crack. Coronel, 31, was arrested in the US on Monday accused of helping to run her husband's drug-trafficking empire after a "high-ranking associate" of the cartel ratted out its senior members. Prosecutors released details alleging her involvement in El Chapo's dramatic prison escape in 2015, when he dropped into a tunnel and rode out on a motorbike. She is also accused of bragging that £1.4million had been raised to spring him free a second time — as she was charged with conspiracy to distribute cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin and marijuana. On Tuesday Coronel appeared before a court in Washington where she was remanded in custody — and a judge warned she could be jailed for life. Top US drug cop… Read full this story
- El Chapo will file an appeal to be released from super maximum security prison one year after being sentenced to life plus 30 years behind bars
- One year after being sentenced, 'El Chapo' is hoping an appeal can get him out of Supermax, his lawyer says
- Two Former Mexican Federales Face Drug Charges in U.S.
- ‘Narcos’ Star Wagner Moura, aka Pablo Escobar: ‘Drugs Should Be Legalized’
- ‘Narcos: Mexico’ Explores How Cocaine Invaded America
- Trump slams ‘egregious abuse of power’ as St Louis couple who pointed guns at gate-crashing BLM group are charged
- MORE baseball players kneel during national anthem as Cincinnati Reds players take a knee to support Black Lives Matter
- Bill Gates rips US for ‘turning inward’ during COVID crisis and Melinda says ‘Black people should get vaccine first’
- Playboy reporter shouts ‘wear a mask’ at Trump Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany during White House briefing
- Trump could send ‘big numbers’ of fed agents into violent cities and says Dem mayors will ‘want us to go in full blast’
How the arrest of El Chapo’s wife Emma Coronel Aispuro could bring down the brutal Sinaloa drug cartel have 372 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.