Anyone who picked up a newspaper yesterday — particularly anyone who has a serious weight problem and is trapped in a cycle of self-loathing and endless failed diets — will have rejoiced at a particular story. A 'miracle' drug had been found, we were told — one that's extremely effective at helping obese people lose weight . At last! Sold under the brand names Ozempic and Rybelsus, the landmark study found a weekly jab of the drug semaglutide, used to treat type 2 diabetes, was found to help 75 per cent of patients lose more than ten per cent of their body weight, while 35 per cent lost more than a fifth. Of course, there will have been a number of cynics who will have scoffed at the news. What obese people really need is a good bit of self-discipline. Miracle diet cures just don't exist, do they? A 'miracle' drug had been found, we were told — one that's extremely effective at helping obese people lose weight. I've been on this particular drug for nearly a year, and it has changed my life Well, actually, they do: I've been on this particular drug for nearly a year, and it… Read full this story
- Weight loss: I dropped seven dress sizes and started weightlifting after my divorce pushed me to lose 8st
- Weight loss: I lost 10st because being fat meant I could only do one sex position – all the rest hurt my knees
- Has Santa ever left sexism under your Christmas tree? From gift sets and vouchers to Spanx pants and a chopping board, SARAH VINE lists the gifts men should NEVER buy for women and other writers reveal the presents that were total turkeys
- Vain London Bridge terrorist who loved Beyonce had £1,000 weight loss jabs just days before evil attack
- National Nutrition Week 2019: 10 Nutrition And Health Tips For Working Women
- Mother whose son, 16, vanished 23 years ago admits finding his remains would be 'infinitely better' than the purgatory of never knowing what happened to him
- I'm A Celebrity's James Haskell admits he 'cried like a little boy' when he reunited with wife Chloe Madeley after revealing she thinks he is 'emotionally dead'
- Climate change report: live reaction to IPCC conclusions
- New York's Island of Lost Souls: The largest mass burial site in America where more than 1 MILLION nameless adults and babies are laid to rest in trenches dug by inmates
- One million species of plants and animals are now threatened with EXTINCTION, UN warns in landmark 1,000-page report that says we must eat less meat, walk more and ditch plastics to save the planet
How do I know the fat jab works? Because I'm on it! As it's claimed a drug for diabetes can aid dramatic weight loss, bringing hope to millions, SARAH VINE reveals how it has changed her life have 432 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.