While there’s light at the end of the tunnel for many British businesses after months of lockdown, there’s some familiar favourites that will never return to the High Street. Many businesses have been told they could reopen on April 12 if the government reaches its Covid vaccination target, as part of Boris Johnson’s plan to get the country out of restrictions. Hairdressers, salons, clothing outlets and many small, local businesses such as florists will be able to trade again after more than three months of closures. But for many towns and communities, the high street will never be the same again as one by one big chains that have been part of Britain’s culture have fallen under the pressure of the pandemic. Some struggling brands will return to the high street but others will now operate online-only. Paperchase is closing 27 stores while Jaeger, John Lewis, Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Bonmarché, Hays Travel and Prezzo will reduce their store counts. Sir Philip Green’s retail empire – which includes Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Wallis, Topman, Burton, Miss Selfridge – will also run online-only after exchanging hands with new owners of Boohoo and Asos. And industry insiders have warned many more businesses could… Read full this story
- The games that made 2016: blockbusters, indie hits, cult favourites and massive embarrassments – Jan – June
- Street Fighter 5: Balrog moves list Street Fighter 5: Balrog moves list
- Street Fighter 5 Season 2 patch notes confirm leaked features, detail buffs and nerfs
- Still a prince: an interview with StarCraft 2 icon Lee Jung Hoon, aka MarineKingPrime
- Bleeding red and blue: Destiny's competitive multiplayer cut wide open
- PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Gets a Bible Full of Intriguing Background Information and Pictures
- Crap Shoot: Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- 52 of the best games of 2015
- Mafia 3: does gang management offer an alternative to gangland shootings?
High street favourites that won't re-open in April as Covid closes iconic chains forever have 296 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.