A man has been charged with murdering a woman who was found dead in a flat.
Kevin Ashton, 45, has appeared before Wirral Magistrates accused of killing Helen Joy, 54.
Mr Ashton, of Twickenham Drive in Leasowe, Wirral, was remanded in custody to appear at Liverpool Crown Court on Tuesday.
The body of the mother-of-three was discovered at the home in Twickenham Drive on Monday morning.
Her three “heartbroken” children previously described her death as a “massive shock” and said they were “all devastated by what has happened”.
In a joint statement, they said: “We are happy that mum is no longer in pain and is now safe with the angels.”
Related Internet Links
- Woman accused of serial murder and boyfriend blame each other
- Vietnam court halts execution of murder convict amidst allegation of miscarriage of justice
- New Delhi gang rape accused commits suicide in jail
- Vietnam Party official accuses adultery accuser
- Vietnam official accuses adultery accuser
- Vietnam man gets 23 years for attempted murder of police chief
- Prosecutors delay charges in journalist murder trial
- Main accused in Delhi gang-rape commits suicide: jail
- In Delhi student's gang rape & murder, two worlds collide
- Vietnam courts orders fresh probe after ten-year convict exonerated of murder
- Hong Kong police charge British banker with double murder
- German neo-Nazi murder trial delayed
- Driver who plowed into Las Vegas crowd charged with murder
- Vietnamese man in London court over death of old woman
- Ten most striking murders of 2011 - P1
- India's Supreme Court considers petition to transfer rape trial
- Delhi rape accused driver Ram Singh hangs himself
- Vindicated man gives names of investigators in coercive interrogation
- Ten most striking murders of 2011 (cont)
- Delhi gang-rape suspects to appear in court
Helen Joy: Man in court accused of woman's flat murder have 310 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at February 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.