Gordon Ramsay’s Bank Balance: BBC preview new game show
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The restauranteur has earned numerous Michelin stars for his cooking, and has starred in Kitchen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen, Hotel Hell and MasterChef US. Now Gordon Ramsay has a brand new show. Airing on BBC One, the showman hosts Bank Balance – a money-winning gameshow. Walking on the stage, the 54-year-old is hardly going to sustain an injury like he did most recently.
“F me," he told The Sun. “I did it running up the hill in Richmond Park, bolting up it. It was fing painful.
“And when I got the X-rays back, the doctor said, 'You've got arthritis in your knee.'”
The Scottish-born TV personality was warned to “start slowing down” and to “pace” himself.
When it came to arthritis, the shocked star said: “I'd never heard that word in relation to me before.”
Gordon Ramsay has arthritis in his knee (Image: Getty)
He continued: “You just don't want to hear you've got arthritis in your knee.
“I told my mum, though, and she told me to stop being so stupid and to just get on with it. So that was nice.”
The marathon-running competitor admitted that training “is his release”, so slowing down might be hard for him.
“I am slightly scared of stopping but do know I will have to slow down at some stage,” he said.
Arthritis of the knee
The charity Versus Arthritis explained osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, typically affecting the knee.
The cartilage in the knee joint becomes rough, causing a painful and stiff body part.
It’s not unusual for osteoarthritis to develop in areas of the body that have sustained injuries in the past.
At the time of the arthritis diagnosis, Ramsay had already had meniscus surgery.
Have you ever been in one of his restaurants/ (Image: Getty)
Versus Arthritis explained that meniscus is a type of knee cartilage that helps distribute weight evenly across the knee joint.
The pain associated with osteoarthritis varies from day to day, with some evenings being worse than others.
The knee may even begin to look swollen if bony spurs, called osteophytes, begin to form.
Swelling may also occur when the joint becomes inflamed and produces extra fluid – also known as water on the knee.
Gordon Ramsay is a brilliant chef (Image: Getty)
For some people, osteoarthritis of the knee can cause muscles in the thigh to weaken.
As a result, the leg may look thinner and this may cause the knee to give way when you put weight on it.
For others with osteoarthritis, they might discover a lump at the back of their knee known as a popliteal cyst, or Baker’s cyst.
Gordon Ramsay’s Bank Balance will continue on BBC One, Friday February 26 at 9pm.
- Gordon Ramsay's son abandons lavish lifestyle to join Marines on £18k a year
- Gordon Ramsay enjoys a day at the beach in Cornwall with wife Tana and son Oscar, 16 months... after angering locals for spending lockdown at his second home
- 'I fell off a seesaw... how's your day going?' Gordon Ramsay's daughter Tilly, 18, breaks her arm amid claims she was poised for Strictly Come Dancing
- Gordon Ramsay shocks with surprising revelation about family
- Gordon Ramsay's wife Tana shocks fans with new picture of baby son Oscar
- 'You've lost the plot': Gordon Ramsay takes aim at US TikTok mum's 'microwaved British fish and chips'
- Scam warning over fake celeb ads using Holly Willoughby and Meghan Markle that could cost you THOUSANDS
- Coronavirus updates: Germany to scrap EU travel warnings by mid-June
- Linda Nolan steps out in public for the first time since her cancer diagnosis as she admits 'seeing late sister Bernie looking back at her in the mirror after her hair fell out'
- Cases of gout are spiralling at an 'astonishing' rate across the world with 41million people now living with the agonising condition - up 7% from 1990
- The Latest: Italy’s tally of new virus cases down to 239
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by the Air Line Pilots Association - Virus bill unlikely to pass this week
- The 5 personality traits that could predict if you will develop dementia
- Sandinista leaders fall victim to coronavirus outbreak they downplayed
- Back-to-School Pandemic-Style is a Dangerous Fantasy:
- The Latest: SKorea requires QR codes at ‘high-risk’ venues
- Richie Mawson was a beloved dad and Liverpool fan. Did a late lockdown cost him his life?
- What cryptic posts did actor LaKeith Stanfield share on Instagram and is he OK?
- Robin Williams: The Triumphant Life and Painful Final Days of a Comedic Genius
- Coronavirus latest: Europe opens up for tourism
Gordon Ramsay health: The famous chef warned to 'slow down' following arthritis diagnosis have 996 words, post on www.express.co.uk at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.