The first day of arguments at President Donald Trump ‘s second impeachment trial ended in chaos when Sen. Mike Lee tried to object to evidence that referenced him. Lee took issue with part of Rep. David Cicilline’s presentation, which was supposed to show the senators where Trump’s mind was at during the deadly January 6 siege. ‘Statements were attributed to me moments ago by the House impeachment managers, statements related to the content of conversations between – a phone call involving President Trump and Senator Tuberville, were not made by me, they’re not accurate and they’re contrary to fact,’ Lee said on the heels of primary impeachment manager, Rep. Jamie Raskin, saying they were done for the day. Sen. Mike Lee delayed the close of the first day of arguments at President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial by trying to strike evidence from the record. Lee was mentioned because Trump had accidentally tried to call his phone to reach Sen. Tommy Tuberville Sen. Mike Lee’s objection led to several minutes of chaos and confusion as lawmakers tried to decide whether what was said could be struck from the record. Lee charged Democrats attributing false statements to him ‘Senator Lee stood by as… Read full this story
- President Trump accuses Twitter of targeting Republicans, offers no evidence
- Lindsey Graham: Trump brought up ending Russia probe 'about 20 times'
- Donald Trump brands CNN reporter a ‘rude, terrible person’ in fiery press conference as President takes credit for Midterms ‘victory’
- Donald Trump is Keeping Promise to Withdraw From Syria So He Can Win the 2020 Election, Experts Say
- Senate Votes to End Aid for Yemen Fight Over Khashoggi Killing and Saudis’ War Aims
- Animosity boils over in contentious Senate GOP meeting
- The Daily 202: Trump gets schooled in Syria on how much his words matter
- Shutdown continues through Christmas as Trump stands firm on wall demand
- Trump Says He Put 'No Pressure' On Ukraine, As Tension Mounts
- Impeachment Pressure Grows, Trump Remains Defiant
First day of Trump's impeachment trial ends in chaos as Republican senator Mike Lee angrily demands Democrats withdraw evidence that the ex-president phoned him by mistake to pressure another senator to overturn election have 322 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.