Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean have said they won’t skate forever and have already seen some signs retirement might be on the horizon. The skating sensations, aged 63 and 62, have been dazzling on the ice for almost 40 years since their incredible routine at the 1984 Sarajevo Winter Olympics . Now the Dancing On Ice judges have admitted their skating days are approaching an end, with them vowing to continue only while they can perform ‘to a level we’re happy with’. Approaching the end: Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean have said they won’t keep on skating forever (pictured on Dancing On Ice) Chris told The Sun : ‘Each performance is getting closer to the final one and that’s why we’re appreciating what we’re doing now.’ While discussing how many years they may continue on the ice for and the thought of skating until in their 70s, Chris joked ‘shoot us if we are!’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next ‘I’ve heard of a few people who are in the interview… Fractured bones, coronavirus contraction, gory stab wounds,… ‘I ended up with a black eye’: Dancing On Ice stand-in Matt… EXCLUSIVE: Coleen Rooney is under pressure from close… Share this article Share… Read full this story
- Dancing on Ice: Jayne Torvill opens up about her heartbreaking IVF struggle
- Dancing On Ice's Torvill and Dean insist the skating show is NOT 'cursed' and claim the numerous romances sparked among the skaters is a 'good thing'
- Dancing On Ice FINAL: Joe Swash and Alex Murphy WIN skating show... beating dancer Perri Kiely and Vanessa Bauer (despite Christopher Dean branding their Boléro the best he's EVER seen) and Paralympian Libby Clegg and Mark Hanretty
- Christopher Dean: 7 facts about the Dancing on Ice judge
- Jayne Torvill's family: who is her husband Phil, her children and parents?
- Stacey Solomon is giddy with excitement over Joe Swash's Dancing On Ice victory... before early morning wake-up with baby Rex, 21 months
- Dancing On Ice is not cursed — it’s a dating show, say judges Torvill and Dean
- Dancing On Ice 'branded a dating show' by judges as 'curse' strikes again
- Dancing On Ice Final: Winner Joe Swash pays tribute to late friend Caroline Flack with touching message during one of his last performances... weeks after her tragic death
- Dancing On Ice winner Joe Swash beat Perri Kiely by just 1% of vote in closest ever final
'Each performance is getting closer to the final one': Dancing On Ice's Jayne Torvill, 63, and Christopher Dean, 62, hint they could RETIRE from skating after 40 years of dazzling on the rink have 389 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 5, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.