QUICK and easy mug cakes are the latest lockdown trend across social media – and I can see why. Far quicker — and cheaper — than baking an actual cake in the oven, they are the perfect savvy snack when you crave a sweet treat. Use these tips to make your own "cup" cake for less cash… GO BANANAS: Grab one ripe banana and 80g of Creative Nature banana bread mix, £2.99 at Tesco, rather than £3.99 at creativenaturesuperfoods.co.uk . Mash the banana with a little butter or margarine before combining with the bread mix and a dash of water. Microwave for 30 seconds on high before leaving to stand for 30 seconds. Repeat and if it looks like it needs a little longer, blast in ten-second bursts until the inside of your mug cake develops a nice bouncy texture. SAVING: £1 PROTEIN HIT: I love the protein mug cake mix from theproteinworks.com. You can currently grab a bag for £14.38, down from £15.99. Mix a scoop with water and microwave for 60 seconds. There's 20g of protein and less than 4g of sugar per cake — and mine always come out perfectly gooey and delicious. SAVING: £1.61 SPREAD THE… Read full this story
- Black Forest Cake Recipe for New Year Celebration
- Christmas special: A special plum cake recipe for you!
- Christmas 2019: 3 tasty vegetarian dishes to try out
- Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes: Easy Pumpkin Flavored Cookies, Cake and More
- Spread some Christmas cheer with this scrumptious Mulled Wine Chocolate cake
- Christmas 2019: Here’s how you can make the traditional plum cake healthier
- Christmas special: Three quick recipes to uplift your festive mood
- Delicious Winter Soup Recipes
- How to make Gajar Ka Halwa in 4 different ways
- 13 Cocktail Recipes For New Year
Don’t be a mug, make these tasty ‘cup’ cake recipes for less have 275 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.