Crowds have flocked to beaches and parks in the sunshine today – despite a top scientist warning the fight against coronavirus is not over. Lockdown-weary sun seeking Brits headed to spots like Brighton, Southend-on-Sea and Exeter amid 15C temperatures – with pictures showing significant crowds in places. Professor Jonathan Van-Tam had used last night’s No10 press conference to warn lockdown could be extended if people “relax” too much over a sunny weekend. He used a football analogy to hammer home the message that the pandemic is still very much an issue, comparing the situation to relaxing when 3-0 up – and still losing 4-3. Boris Johnson gave the nation a taste of hope this week by unveiling his roadmap – which said pub beer gardens could open as early as April 12 and all restrictions could end as early as June 21. Got a story? Email [email protected] And the number of first vaccine doses dished out in Britain has passed 19million – with experts confirming the second phase of the rollout will go to people in their 40s, then their 30s, then 18-29. But images from parts of the nation today show people are still heading out and enjoying the… Read full this story
- Fires, floods and free parking: California's unending fight against climate change
- Off-season in Andalucía: escape the crowds and save money
- Why doesn’t the USA use the metric system? Pirates are the answer, apparently
- A deadly disease could travel at jet speed around the world. How do we stop it in time?
- What a gentleman! Punter whips off his shirt to dry off a bench for two women as thousands of racegoers arrive for the Melbourne Cup
- Hawaii becomes first US state to ban sunscreens harmful to coral reefs
- Remote Aussie destinations attracting tourists thanks to social media
- Fossils in Burmese amber offer an exquisite view of dinosaur times—and an ethical minefield
- The Store (It Would Seem) Is Not Dead (At Least For Now)
- World Bank offers financial assistance to disaster-hit Indonesia
Crowds flock to parks and beaches during 15C sunshine despite scientist's Covid warning have 328 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.