The government has set out how it intends to turn the COVID-19 pandemic into a virus that is manageable in the long term. In a 60-page roadmap setting out how it intends to tackle the crisis, officials warned that we could continue to see dangerous, seasonal surges next year and beyond. The government said it cannot rule out re-imposing economic and social restrictions at a local or regional level if it is necessary to suppress coronavirus in the short term. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player All schools in England are going back from 8 March And funding for its Contain Outbreak Management Fund – which provides financial support to local authorities in England to reduce the spread of COVID-19 – will increase by another £400m to £2bn going forward into 2022. According to the roadmap, we should expect the test, trace and isolate system to be used to keep the virus in check, ongoing regular asymptomatic testing in sectors with the highest rates of transmission, and workplace testing. Advertisement In addition, a suite of other measures will be assessed over the coming months – including COVID certification, international travel monitoring and a social distancing review…. Read full this story
- Lampard, Gerrard Become Bosses: But Do Great Footballers Make Great Managers?
- DOE details redistricting plan for upcoming school year
- New govt plan could curb intensification
- Making a manager: Steven Gerrard's move to Rangers is risky but it could lead to a path back home
- Stevie Mallan: Hibernian midfielder hungry to make up for 'year out'
- Who are the Strictly Come Dancing 2018 dancers? Full line-up of professionals and who we won’t be seeing this year
- Families protest against Northern Ireland schools closure plan
- Planning loophole is ‘threatening Beacon Hill’
- It's decision day in Glentoran's bid to bring club legend Nixon in as manager
- What is the Strictly Come Dancing curse? From Ben Cohen and Louise Redknapp to Kevin and Karen Clifton
COVID-19 roadmap: How govt is planning to make the virus manageable in the years to come have 313 words, post on news.sky.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.