Face masks may not be required indoors in public places over the summer, one of England’s deputy chief medical officers has suggested. Prime Minister Boris Johnson has set out a roadmap for easing the COVID-19 lockdown which envisages all legal limits on people’s social contact ending by 21 June at the earliest . Asked if face masks would still be mandated indoors in public spaces after this happens, Dr Jenny Harries told a Downing Street news conference that this might not be the case. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player New advert reinforces stay-at-home message She added that they may be required in the winter months. “One of the things we know, of course, is doing things outside is ever so much safer than doing things inside – ventilation, we know, is really important,” Dr Harries said. Advertisement “As we get into the autumn, when winter comes in and we spend more time inside, then again we may be looking at it. “But it’s quite possible over summer months, as we did last year when we see rates drop, that we would not need to be wearing masks all that time. More from Covid-19 COVID-19: Airlines… Read full this story
- Anaheim PD's new deputy chief is all eyes and ears
- Hong Kong mask ban leads to weekend of violent and destructive protests
- Open your windows when you cook and don't dry clothes indoors: Health chiefs issue new guidance to curb the risks of INDOOR pollution
- Ex-TV medical correspondent charged with asking 9-year-old girl for racy photos
- Royal Hobart Hospital junior medical staff set to issue ultimatum over 'safety'
- They boast six-figure salaries, love extravagant dates in Paris and are ready to settle down. So how come City alpha males need this woman to help them find love?
- PICTURED: Odessa gunman who killed seven and injured 22 with an AR-type rifle is identified as Seth Ator, 26, after police chief REFUSED to name him and said they have NO motive for the rampage
- Police officers shot dead in Baton Rouge, Louisiana: report
- EU threatens to delay Brexit until January even if a deal IS struck: France and Germany warn Boris Johnson they would need two months to iron out details... as talks resume this morning after midnight deadline blows by
- Met police broke the law: Damning report finds officers acted illegally to get search warrants as Harvey Proctor leads calls for chiefs to face justice
COVID-19: Face masks may not be needed indoors over summer, deputy chief medical officer suggests have 398 words, post on news.sky.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.