An Australian couple with a keen eye for DIY projects have shared how they transformed their home for only $7,000 using products from Bunnings Warehouse and Spotlight.Angie Dixon and Lewis Keegan, both 29, bought the Melbourne unit in January 2020 and were eager to renovate the look of the home themselves despite having limited construction knowledge.The impressive budget of $7,000 included the renovation materials, such as floorboards, paint, curtains and door handles, as well as new furniture.’We decided to renovate the unit because we wanted the house to feel like “us”; we wanted it to match our personalities and to make it feel welcoming,’ Angie told FEMAIL.While there were no evident ‘problems’ with the home, the style needed to be modernised as the unit was built in the late 90s and the previous owner was an elderly woman.Angie also outlined the renovation process in a video on her YouTube channel.Scroll down for video Angie Dixon and Lewis Keegan (pictured) bought the Melbourne unit in January 2020 and were eager to renovate the look of the home themselves despite having limited construction knowledge BEFORE: The unit was built in the 90s and originally had cream coloured walls with red mahogany floorboards that… Read full this story
- How a couple transformed their rundown 1940s house into a luxurious Hamptons-style home in just 12 months - complete with an open kitchen, spacious retreat and pool
- Couple transform dated Edwardian terrace into a stylish and colourful home with just £6,000 in one year - despite having 'zero DIY experience' before makeover
- DIY couple transform derelict house into amazing £550 a month student home
- Mother transforms rundown property covered in rubbish and drug paraphernalia into a modern home for her family in incredible DIY makeover that cost her just £5,000
- Life after COVID: The pandemic has transformed Denver streets and sidewalks. Could these changes be permanent?
- Mum shares easy tip which has shaved £40 a WEEK off her food bill and it only takes seconds
- NYPD search for hooded suspect in rape of woman, 27, choked unconscious in her Midtown Manhattan apartment by man posing as delivery driver
- 'Cairo has started to become ugly': why Egypt is building a new capital city
- Don’t dress to impress. Use short, snappy words. And if it ends in tears, heal your heart with paracetamol. A life-changing new book by an award-winning brain expert reveals: How to use the science of love to find The One in 2021
- After COVID-19 layoff, months of homelessness, San Jose family settles in new apartment
Couple transform their city apartment for just $7,000 in two weeks - and their tips to help you change your space on a shoestring budget have 411 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.