THE UK will face “tens of thousands” more Covid deaths as lockdown is lifted – despite the UK seeing its lowest daily fatalities in 10 WEEKS. Scientists at SAGE have been modelling the path of the outbreak under various unlocking scenarios to warn Boris Johnson against moving too fast. According to documents given to the Prime Minister to inform his lockdown roadmap, there will be another wave in July, very slowly fizzling out by the end of 2021 – plus an additional 30,000 to 80,000 deaths on top of the 120,000 so far. During a Downing Street press conference yesterday, Mr Johnson hailed spring and summer as “the seasons of hope” – and that the vaccine had “helped us change the odds”. As part of his four step approach, schools will reopen in early March and Brits will be able to meet up to five friends within a matter of weeks. According to the PMs lockdown roadmap, the first date for your diary will be March 8 when schools reopen and you’ll once again be able to meet one friend or family member in an outside space for a picnic or a coffee. Despite the positive feeling around the roadmap,… Read full this story
- UK weather: Flooding risk remains for thousands even after Storm Dennis
- Coronavirus: Diamond Princess cruise ship passengers disembark as deaths hit 2,000
- Coronavirus UK: NHS install assessment cabins in car parks to keep suspected victims away from A&Es
- China announces just 394 new cases of the killer coronavirus – the lowest daily toll in a MONTH as Beijing says outbreak control efforts 'are working'
- Coronavirus UK LIVE: First death in Europe confirmed as man dies in Paris after contacting killer bug
- Coronavirus UK LIVE: First death in Europe confirmed as man dies in Paris
- Churchgoers urged to avoid communion wine and shaking hands if they have 'coughs and sneezes' in coronavirus warning as China death toll rises to 1,380
- Bomb cyclone storm rips across UK, spawns most flood warnings, alerts in England 'than any other day on record'
- Chinese officials 'round up and execute villagers' pets to stop the spread of coronavirus' despite WHO experts saying the disease cannot be spread to animals
- Seventy-eight Brits on coronavirus quarantine cruise ship face being left behind as US airlifts 380 citizens to safety
Coronavirus UK news live – Sage warns tens of thousands more deaths in 2021 despite lowest daily fatalities in ten weeks have 366 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.