A SECRET row over “cultural appropriation” erupted on Celebs Go Dating between Joey Essex and matchmaker Paul Carrick Brunson, The Sun can reveal. The love guru, 46, accused reality star Joey , 30, of making a “racially insensitive” comment in scenes not shown to viewers. It's understood the row was sparked by Joey saying the phrase "fo sho" while responding to American Paul – slang meaning 'for sure'. Tensions escalated when Paul spoke to the Towie star in an attempt to explain why his comment could be seen as offensive. A source said: “It’s fair to say that Paul didn’t gel with Joey as well as the other contestants – not because of any personal animosity, but because Paul thought Joey wasn’t taking the experiment seriously. “By his own admission, Paul was finding the show difficult and was already uncomfortable prior to Joey’s entrance with being constantly referred to as P-Dawg. “At one point Joey misused some slang in front of Paul, who took him aside to explain why it could be seen as inappropriate.” Yesterday Paul quit the show after his bust-up with the celeb that went unaired. But in a dramatic U-turn he retracted his statement , saying:… Read full this story
- Boris and Carrie are still 'loved up' and have been 'brought even closer together' following police row, friends insist, as couple are seen together for first time since argument
- Dodai Is Leaving the Office
- The Royal Court at 60: look back in wonder
- Pittsburgh Anchor Got Fired for Essentially Pegging Young Black Men as Killers in Facebook Post
- Why Your Team Sucks 2018: Cincinnati Bengals
- The autistic view of the world is not the neurotypical cliché – Katherine May
Celebs Go Dating love guru had furious ‘cultural appropriation row’ with Joey Essex that wasn’t shown on TV have 279 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.