A Second World War plane soared over the funeral of Captain Sir Tom Moore in a military flypast as his family paid tribute to the 100-year-old veteran whose “message and spirit lives on”. The C-47 Dakota flew over Bedford Crematorium to mark the death of Captain Sir Tom , who raised more than £33 million for the NHS before his death on 2 February . His coffin was draped in a Union Jack, with his Second World War service cap, a wreath from the Yorkshire Regiment, his war medals and knighthood placed on top. Just eight members of his immediate family attended the funeral due to coronavirus restrictions, which began with the flypast and a firing party of 14 each firing three rounds in unison. His daughters Hannah Ingram-Moore and Lucy Teixeira gave emotional eulogies, while his grandchildren Benji, Georgia and Tom paid tributes and read poems. Advertisement The service was also attended by his other grandson Max and two sons-in-law. After a rendition of Captain Sir Tom’s charity single, a version of You’ll Never Walk Alone sung with Michael Ball and the NHS Voices of Care Choir, his daughter Lucy told of how proud she is of her father…. Read full this story
- John McCain funeral: Barack Obama eulogy transcript
- Mourners arrive for funeral of Aretha Franklin
- The story of one of Cardiff's most influential families
- John McCain’s daughter Meghan has dig at Trump at dad’s funeral as Barack Obama, George Bush Jr and Bill Clinton attend
- Gala ball to help mission of Grimsby RAF serviceman live on
- Paul Pogba has proved Manchester United great Sir Alex Ferguson right
- Celebrity deaths 2018: Barry Chuckle, Dale Winton, Sir Ken Dodd and other legends gone too soon
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Long Live The Local: Cabinet on the brink — DUP on the brink — Basically everyone on the brink
- Family’s tributes to tragic mother
- 'He came into my head a couple of times during the week. Of course I was thinking of him'
Captain Sir Tom Moore funeral: Military flypast as family says 'his spirit lives on' have 322 words, post on news.sky.com at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.