Forget a cuppa and toast, over in California new mothers are sipping lactation tea and considering making their placentas into chocolate truffles. Having given birth to one-year-old son Archie in London, Meghan Markle will have rather a different experience as she prepares to welcome her second child in her native California. Now model Caprice Bourret has offered the mum-to-be some advice on what she can expect from the birthing experience in the state, where there a multiple private hospitals offering services you might associate more with a fancy hotel or spa than a medical stay. Meghan has of course already experienced a private birth, welcoming her first child at London’s exclusive Portland Hospital, which for an estimated cost of £20,000 offers lobster dinners, champagne-on-demand and four-poster baby cots. While that might already seem extravagant, over in California the sheer number of private hospitals means they have to compete to offer even more. Caprice chose the £2,000-a-night Cedars-Sinai hospital in West Hollywood for the birth of her son seven years ago. In doing so she followed in the footsteps of Beyonce , Kim Kardashian , Victoria Beckham and Eva Longoria. The mother-of-two told Closer magazine: “[It] is the best of the… Read full this story
- Royal wedding 2018 countdown: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are marrying tomorrow
- 1 in 4 New Mothers Are Back at Work Two Weeks After Giving Birth
- 36 Former Women Staffers At SNL Release Statement in Support of Sen. Al Franken
- That Time My Job Involved Tossing Dead Babies Into a Crematory
- Sail (Far) Away: At Sea with America's Largest Floating Gathering of Conspiracy Theorists
Caprice on Meghan Markle's California birth experience: Massages and placenta truffles have 260 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.