BRITS won’t own their dream car until they are 47 but it must be a black sports car – preferably an Audi or Aston Martin. A study of 2,000 drivers found many know what they want, but most will have to wait before making the dream a reality, owning more practical or affordable alternatives in the meantime. In their twenties, Brits are most likely to own a supermini or saloon car, while a hatchback or an estate are popular choices for those in their thirties. But no matter what the car, people insist on the ‘basic’ luxuries like heated seats (43 per cent) and built in satnav (44 per cent). Neil You, general manager at YesAuto UK, which commissioned the survey, said: "Daydreaming about the cars we'd like to own one day is something British drivers love to do. "Opportunities for car owners are expanding, we have features on the site such as our Virtual Showroom which means exploring those dream vehicles has never been easier. LIFETIME OF CARS TIMELINE Saloon – 20s "Our survey results also show that people would even consider leasing a car if it meant they could have their ideal car sooner." The study found the… Read full this story
- Woodland boss's garage boasts of top car brands, calls Land Rover his favourite drive
- The 2018 Audi RS5 is where it’s at: 444 hp via two turbo-tables and a baritone
- Aston Martin Aspires To Become The 'British Ferrari'
- British Race Car Driver Sir Stirling Moss Passes Away At 90
- Daniel Craig declares he prefers James Bond's Toyota 2000GT to Aston Martin DB5
- Stripped-Down Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series Is Automotive Nudity
- When Peter Ndlovu and Bruce Grobbelaar made Zimbabwe dare to dream
- Sir Stirling Moss was charming, eccentric and one of the greatest drivers of all time despite never winning an F1 title
- Bubba Wallace, Nascar's African American star, takes on tracks and the trolls
- Special: De vijf beste races van Stirling Moss
Brits’ dream car is a black Audi or Aston Martin sports car but most will have to wait until they’re 47 to own one have 319 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.