Storm Darcy has brought a foot of snow and bitter temperatures plunging to -10C as the Beast from the East batters Kent with 50mph winds – threatening travel chaos and power cuts until Wednesday. The Met Office has warned of ‘significant disruptive snowfall’ in London and the South East, especially parts of East Anglia and Kent, as the ‘Beast from the East 2’ coats southern parts of England in snow and temperatures of -10C. Yellow and amber alerts for snow and ice for parts of Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Kent will remain in place until Wednesday night with warnings of up to a foot of snow. Yesterday Aboyne in Aberdeenshire saw 22cm of lying snow, while Manston in East Kent had 17cm. There are also fears of power cuts across the country in the coming days, after Edinburgh residents reporting outages on Sunday evening. SP Energy Networks said it was aware of a power cut in Edinburgh and the Lothians and that engineers were working to restore supplies. A Met Office warning added: ‘Accumulations of snow will be widely four inches with eight inches in places and a small chance of 12 inches for a few sites. ‘Very strong easterly winds with gusts… Read full this story
- Brace for the 'coldest Thanksgiving in decades': 100 million Americans are on alert as bomb cyclone and second powerful winter storm threaten travel chaos with strong winds, heavy rain and up to 3ft of snow from the Rocky Mountains to the Great Lakes
- Thousands of airline passengers stranded by blizzards, power cuts at terminals, widespread road closures, pileups on icy roads and 'historic' storms cause Thanksgiving getaway CHAOS for millions
- Farm cut off by floods is still marooned TWO WEEKS later as tail of tropical storm Sebastian is set to dump a fortnight's rain on parts of UK in just four days
- Wintry weather loosens its grip on the country after disrupting Thanksgiving travel plans for millions - but blizzard conditions are still expected across the Northwest and Northeast
- UK weather forecast – Storm Sebastien to lash Britain with 22ft waves and a month’s rain bringing more floods misery
- Weather forecast: Flood alerts as Storm Sebastien to lash UK with 22ft waves and a month’s rain
- The Donald arrives for four-day red carpet visit: Trump and Melania set foot on UK soil for first time as President and First Lady - but he brushes aside protests by claiming Britons 'like him a lot'
- 'Toxic' Wednesday turns to 'Blood Rain' Thursday: 500-mile wide Saharan dust cloud sparks pollution alert in 65F heat before staining cars and homes RED as it falls to earth tomorrow
- Countdown: The 165 Greatest American Movies Ever Made (1-15)
'Beast from the East II' strikes: Storm Darcy brings a FOOT of snow and bitter -10C chill as 50mph gales sweep across Britain threatening travel chaos and power cuts until Wednesday have 439 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.