TV environmentalist and campaigner Sir David Attenborough has issued a grim warning to world leaders on climate change: “It’s already too late.” Speaking on the invitation of Prime Minister Boris Johnson to the United Nations’ Security Council (UNSC) session on climate, Sir David said simply: “Please make no mistake – climate change is the biggest threat to security that modern humans have ever faced.” In his impassioned address, the veteran broadcaster said he did not “envy” the responsibility the situation placed on “all you and your governments” but warned: “We have left the stable and secure climatic period that gave birth to our civilisations. “There is no going back – no matter what we do now, it’s too late to avoid climate change and the poorest, the most vulnerable, those with the least security, are now certain to suffer.” Mr Johnson gave Sir David the platform since the UK is currently chairing the UN Security Council. Advertisement And as he opened virtually the first UN leader-level summit on climate change, Mr Johnson described the threat it posed to global security as of “paramount importance” and said a warming planet was driving insecurity “from the communities uprooted by extreme weather and… Read full this story
- The Economics of Climate Change: Is Doing Nothing Too Costly
- Climate Change - How Can This Affect your Life?
- Bush Criticized Over Inaction Against Climate Change
- Australian Politicians At Loggerheads Over Climate Change Policies
- The Military and Climate Change
- Climate Changes Due to Global Warming
- Energy Bill - Too Little, Too Late
- The Governator Warned Us- "I'll Be Back"
- Warning - Here Comes Greenland
- Global Warnings
Attenborough's stark warning on climate change: 'It's already too late' have 263 words, post on news.sky.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.