Ashley James has opened up about learning to love her postpartum body seven weeks after giving birth to her baby boy. The 33-year-old former Made In Chelsea star, who welcomed baby Alfie in January, admitted that she wanted to change the narrative about how postpartum bodies are viewed. According to the reality star, there remains a lack of knowledge about how the body works post-pregnancy and she wanted that to change. In the candid post, she admitted that she was ‘sad’ that some women ‘suffer’ because they don’t receive the required postnatal care. The new mum now appears to be on a mission to inform other new parents about the realities of motherhood, as well as praising her body for what it is capable of. In the post, Ashley also shared several candid snaps alongside her baby boy. “Alf is 7 weeks old today, which means my body is 7 weeks into its recovery,” she wrote. “I occasionally have low body image days, but whenever those thoughts creep in I remind myself what my body did … Actually what it’s STILL doing feeding my son. And say, thank you body ILY. It’s surreal. It’s definitely given me a new appreciation… Read full this story
- Ashley James showcases her curves in a pink bikini in Maldives
- Ashley James shows off curves in envy-including bikini snaps
- Ashley James hits back at troll after they criticise her 'cellulite'
- Ashley James slips her curves into skintight knitted pink dress
- Why so little is done to help new mums cope
- Human Ken Doll EXCLUSIVE: Rodrigo Alves shares his surgery fears
- Lily James attends All About Eve afterparty with Gillian Anderson
- A border, a bus, then school begins in New Mexico
- Bored with exercise? Virtual reality, immersive fitness might help
- Yale professor resigns: Can 'civil dialogue' share space with student rage?
Ashley James shares difficult reality of postpartum to educate future new mums have 297 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.